Another speed equipment co. bites the dust

Mopar 151

Another speed equipment co. bites the dust

Post by Mopar 151 »

Barry Grant (Demon) shuts down:
Barry Grant has ceased all operations with his carburetor company.

Yesterday, Grant issued a statement.

“As of today, February 18, 2011 we are ceasing operations at our Dahlonega location and all subsidiary locations. Working with all of you has been the experience of a lifetime. I will value your support as friends, customers, vendors, and media contacts forever. The economic situation has put the company in the position of not being able to find working capital needed to continue operations and get a chapter 11 reorganization plan through the court.

“In addition to this, is that all of our equipment has been breaking down causing production delays and further hurting cash flow. Reluctantly now we must convert to chapter 7 liquidation after 26 years of business. The financial collapse has closed, or has caused severe restructuring of many companies in our industry.

“Many individuals have lost everything. We have even lost our home. This is the most humbling experience of my life, and I have no future plans at this point. Thank You for Your Many Years of Support.”
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
walterclark

Re: Another speed equipment co. bites the dust

Post by walterclark »

Whuts a carb-yer-ater?
The older I get the better I was.
Mopar 151

What's a carburetor?

Post by Mopar 151 »

In the case of BG carbs, it's a very carefully calibrated fuel leak......
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

I have lately heard that at least some of the former BG Fuel Systems / Demon Carburetors business is back up and running, in the hands of "racers and industry veterans". Details are sketchy..... I'm happy, 'cuz they make the best kits and replacement parts for Holley design carburetors.

V-8 power - we got no stinkin' boost lag!
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Hopefully their QC has improved. The pushrod lovers/dyno operators around here hate them. We've had all kinds of problems while on the dyno.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

They are like Holley's used to be - you have to take a brand new one apart, take out a burr or 2, a little casting flash, maybe some packing material - then set every adjustment correctly - and it'll run pretty good. :roll:
How do you think there got to be so many guys in the Holley carb preparation business? It's how Barry Grant started out - he used to be a truck mechanic.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151