AFR/EGT Basic Tuning

4th2ndgendennis
AntiSpam: No

AFR/EGT Basic Tuning

Post by 4th2ndgendennis »

OK, so I am struggling to get the STI back together before Ascutney and it looks like I am not going to have time to get it Dyno tuned with a static load before the event. I am looking for a baseline of where my AFR's should be and what to be sure my EGT stays under for a basic street tune with forged pistons. I have upped the injectors to 1100 cc and should be able to scale them back. I will most likely run race fuel, but want to tune it more for pump gas for a safety factor.

If I max out the 1100's I am giving up.

Any thoughts from some more experienced with turbocharged tuning? Any and all thoughts appreciated.
Rabbit Farmer

Re: AFR/EGT Basic Tuning

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Make time. DSG is on the way to Ascutney.

I don't have anything constructive to offer to answer your questions on A/F or EGT on the street. I do know that it will be night and day difference between what you experience on the street and that longtime you will be holding the pedal to the floor while going up a hill at the event.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Mopar 151w2

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Allen- I would strongly suggest :ugeek: DSG as well - but :twisted: (DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, KIDS! :twisted: as you have willing lunatic helpers - Tow-strap the Soobie to a heavy pickup truck, to use the truck as a towed "dyno load". Find the gear that allows you about 30 seconds of full throttle while accellerating through the rpm range to redline. If you can acheve a safe (<12.5:1) afr and EGT (<1500 and not climbing) under these conditions, it probably won't blow up. Double-check my "safe" numbers :geek: and be sure the cops don't catch the show 8-)
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Always recommend a dyno. But I am sure you won't stay home. General rule with a Subaru 11.1 afr under boost. And keep it under 1600 for egt. Best short answer I can give as that is what I have been told. And don't give it a lot of timing if you are giving it lots of boost. Especially on a road tune.
Nick
4th2ndgendennis

Post by 4th2ndgendennis »

Changed plans, brought in outside assistance.
Should have time now.
Thanks for the input---especially the road dyno suggestion John!