U and sp classification worksheet prototype

Discussion related to classification of cars in the NEHA series.
sachilles

Re: U and sp classification worksheet prototype

Post by sachilles »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Oh, I agree it is, but you said you were having issues posting it with the checkbox.
Gotcha, now I understand what you meant.
I only have a problem with the checkboxes when it loads to google documents. It converts it to some google format, and the checkboxes get lost in translation. I'm not sure what else might break in that conversion. It downloads to excel fine in the second link I posted.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I gave it a go and compared it to my own spreadsheet for my car. Same answers. So it worked for me. Nice Job.
The older I get the better I was.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Good to know, thanks.

I found it useful in figuring out what "mods" I could do to the car in the off-season, and seeing if they'd bump me or not.
Sachilles
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

sachilles wrote:Good to know, thanks.

I found it useful in figuring out what "mods" I could do to the car in the off-season, and seeing if they'd bump me or not.
That is mainly why I made mine. I figured mine was crude enough that I didnt want to bother other people with it. Its nice to have you come forward and make one about anyone can use. Might be nice if a version finds its way onto this site so anyone can use it.
DaveEstey
AntiSpam: No

Post by DaveEstey »

Can somebody please take a look and double check that I'm doing this right?
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... PV3c&hl=en

1991 CRX Si (2,240GVW 2 seats)
16 valve 1,590cc's non-vtec single cam (108hp)
6-point Cage
Gutted (not excessively)
Springs, Shocks, alignment parts
No front sway, Big adjustable rear sway
Stock intake and exhaust manifold, cat-back exhaust
15x7 rims with 180 Falken Azenis

Looks like I'm in SP2 automatically due to the 16-valve engine... which means the sky is the limit for modifications now.
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Dave,

You need to set the document so it can be read by "everyone" in the google docs setup. Right now it won't give me permission to see it.

Edit:
just filled it out based on what you said you had and got sp4(leaving wheels size blank), and that seems likely for your car.

My guess is the wheel size section might have thrown you off. My impression is that is for how much larger they are over stock....but I could be wrong. The wording of it is confusing. Can anyone else clarify it?
Sachilles
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

DaveEstey wrote:Can somebody please take a look and double check that I'm doing this right?
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... PV3c&hl=en

1991 CRX Si (2,240GVW 2 seats)
16 valve 1,590cc's non-vtec single cam (108hp)
6-point Cage
Gutted (not excessively)
Springs, Shocks, alignment parts
No front sway, Big adjustable rear sway
Stock intake and exhaust manifold, cat-back exhaust
15x7 rims with 180 Falken Azenis

Looks like I'm in SP2 automatically due to the 16-valve engine... which means the sky is the limit for modifications now.
I got this:

Am I missing something?
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I had 8 in the valve per cylinder box.....2 would make more sense :oops:

Probably worth a little better explanation on the spreadsheet for the wheel size and valves per cylinder line items.

edit:
Looks like after I add a cage I'll be in sp5 as well. Dave, looks like you and I get to face off again(along with Walter and the others).
Sachilles
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

It does specify wheel size as opposed to tire size. So I interpret that to mean any wheel diameter and width listed in the shop manual or official parts lists for the vehicle - at least within a chassis type such as the A2 chassis Golf - with updating and backdating allowed. It might be broader than that - for instance the "Golf" model has existed since 1985 and has shipped with wheel diameters from 14" to 18", and widths from 5.5" (not counting the 3.5" spacer spare) to 7.5", but I am not sure if the tech committee would see it as that broad. Anyway anything outside what is published as available from the factory needs to be accounted for in the wheel size line, but it says nothing about tire sizes and so my interpretation is that you can run anything you can cram on those wheels that stay within the body. Of course DOT tires under 100 wear ratings - for SP - have a penalty.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Wikipedia lists the 91 CRX DX curb weight as 2103, the HF at 1967 and the Si at 2138. Edmunds also lists the weight at 2103. All of those come in well above the calculated curb weight based on your GVW. Since curb weight is what is desired on the class calculator you should be able to use that directly. I did notice that the proposed worksheet does not have a provision for curb weight and doesnt permit entering it in cell E38. I think that needs to be addressed in the program.