New Guy, Dwarf Car, classing and registration

Discussion related to classification of cars in the NEHA series.
Georgethefierce
AntiSpam: No

New Guy, Dwarf Car, classing and registration

Post by Georgethefierce »

Looking to sign up for September's Ascutney event and the links on the website all seem to be for the May event. If someone could email me a valid entry form to jason at angrypork, that'd be great. I also see the spreadsheet for car classifications and I'm a bit lost. My car is current circle track dwarf car with a 600cc motorcycle engine so I assume I will be in a P class, but apparently I am not bright enough to figure out which :? . If someone could give me a heads up I'd like to get my entry in ASAP to avoid any late fees.

Thanks!~

Jason Carroll
Mopar 151w2

Re: New Guy, Dwarf Car, classing and registration

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

600 cc= P4 spredsheet is only for U and SP classes

Print out the tech rules, check your car over while you have lead time. There are things we do a little different, for good reasons - like a fire extinguisher rated for grass fires......
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

From the token dwarfcar racer amongst the crew-a few things I can think of off my head:
All heims mounted in single shear need to have a large flat washer between the open end of the heim + the nut. (in case one pulls out).
You need an ABC fire ext. with a metal bracket.
Your helmet must be SA rated--not M rated.
You need individual shoulder harnesses (no Y belt)
No plastic brake lines.
If you want to send pix to me sdwarf36@aol.com I can look it over for you to be sure everything looks ok. ( NOTE: I'm not the tech guy-but I have 13 years of hillclimb experience in a dwarf.)
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Georgethefierce

Thanks for input, Sherman, the heim washers are no big deal I have the ABC extinguisher, SA helmet and 6 point harnesses, however we do run the nylon (plastic) brake lines so it looks like I'm out for this year and I have a new bullet point on my list of things to do in the off season.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Oh heck-you're only $100 + 3 hours away. Maybe $25 of 3/16" steel brake line from NAPA and 3 sections of -4 braided hose + a few fittings and you're there.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Georgethefierce

yep, the time is the killer, I am still running our oval track tour and a road course day in the next few weeks, we'll see if I can get it done! Thanks for the help!
Georgethefierce

all right, I've bit the bullet and ordered up all the brake lines to convert to steel braided lines, the washers are only for single shear, correct?

I'll try to snap some pictures of the important stuff tonight as I have it all apart getting it ready for Louden in 2 weeks, also the registration on the site for Ascutney 2 links back to Ascutney 1 reg. forms and such, is there another place for me to access that info?

thanks again
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Basically we want to see a safety retaining washer at any unconstrained suspension Heim joint - where a separation of the ball from the casing would let the joint fall apart.

This one is completely constrained and we would not need to see washers:

This one is open on the bottom and we want to see a washer there as a safety device (this one has one):

Here is another:

The older I get the better I was.
Georgethefierce

just as I thought, thank you.