Class / Championship Questions?

Discussion related to classification of cars in the NEHA series.
Bubs
AntiSpam: No

Class / Championship Questions?

Post by Bubs »

Hello!

I have a stock 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R, I have a fire extinguisher mounted within reach and have regular all-season tires (Well, they are "high performance all-seasons" but still not a competition tire), and no roll cage. Is there a class that my car slots into, and is there any sort of Season Championship that I can compete in with an unprepared car? I am hoping to run at least one event with you guys this year, and next year I am debating whether to leave the car stock or get started with stripping it out and preparing for a roll cage. But, I would also keep it stock and run the whole season of Hillclimb events with NEHA if there is a regular competition class I can run at each event!

Regardless, I really look forward to my first Hillclimb later this year! I have done SCCA RallyCross for years, along with 24 Hours of LeMons, A.M.E.C Ice Racing and a bit of Autocross on the side, and I've been waiting to try Hillclimbs for a long time!
"Perkins Rally" on Facebook
www.perkinsrally.tumblr.com
walterclark

Re: Class / Championship Questions?

Post by walterclark »

Welcome! Yes, with just a safe stock car, a suitable and securely mounted fire extinguisher and a suitable helmet you can run in one of our unprepared (U) classes. See the technical regs at: http://www.hillclimb.org/rulesregs.html to read what we require, and at the classification and classification determination spreadsheets to find where your car fits.
The older I get the better I was.
Bubs

Post by Bubs »

walterclark wrote:Welcome! Yes, with just a safe stock car, a suitable and securely mounted fire extinguisher and a suitable helmet you can run in one of our unprepared (U) classes. See the technical regs at: http://www.hillclimb.org/rulesregs.html to read what we require, and at the classification and classification determination spreadsheets to find where your car fits.
Thank you very much! Could you look over this sheet I filled out and see if it seems right? I was confused by a few including the treadwear rating.

walterclark

Post by walterclark »

The valves and cams adjustment numbers are correct. No adjustment needed for that tire treadwear. What wheel sizes are available from the factory for that model, versus what you have? Some models have a number of wheel sizes over the life of the model/body style and your may be the same as one of those. 40% seems way too high for anything. If your car came with 14x5.5 wheel and you have 14x6 on the car that is just a 1% adjustment. A 15x6 would be 3%.

Walter
The older I get the better I was.
Bubs

Post by Bubs »

OH! That makes more sense, I calculated that for the entire dimension of the wheel rather than just a difference from stock.

The wheels I would be using are NX2000 wheels and are 6.0 wide as opposed to the stock SE-R wheels which are 5.5'' wide. Let me redo that sheet with that in mind.

That makes a lot more sense, thanks! Here is the revised sheet.

sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Your tire tread wear doesn't require an adjustment, so that is 0%

If you get stickier tires at some point, it could generate an adjustment, but not at the moment

Make your car pass the safety items, and get to the hill. The classification stuff will get worked out, don't stress over it.
Welcome aboard.
Last edited by sachilles on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Bubs

Post by Bubs »

Can't wait! All I need to do is make sure my car is ready and get a SA-rated helmet (currently have a SNELL M), and I should be able to make it to one of the Okemo events or Ascutney II at the latest. Maybe I'll be able to run most or all of the events next year!