S3 cars this season?

KevinGale

Re: S3 cars this season?

Post by KevinGale »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:
so I'm just content being able to make it up the hill, keep it between the trees, and try to improve my times over the weekend.
Got news for you.... old time hillclimbers do this also. ;)
Yeah see my other comment about not wanting to kill any trees. :D

Of course it that was my only goal I'd probably run something less radical. Then I might have actually run some in the last few years. I still can't believe the long chain of circumstances and setbacks that have kept me from running the car. :oops:
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

....and the SCCA folks complain about their class system far more than we are capable of. They seem to have to change their rules almost monthly.

I do like the idea of pax'ing, just not using the scca pax factors. All you really have to do is look at the fastest time of the day, and compare your best time to it.
So let's say Sherman and Joey are battling it out for FTD at Philo and they each have a time of 60 seconds as their fastest time. You manage an 80 second run. Your pax is 0.7500.
So at the next event you are at happens to be Burke. The fastest time of the day is a 2:01(121 seconds). You do a 2:35(155 seconds). You can see that you have improved because your pax ends up being 0.780.

Basically, the theory being that the fastest times of the day will stay fairly consistent. They will fluctuate a bit as cars/people get faster(or slower if hill conditions are poor), but will in general be at the edge of the envelope.
Not perfect by any means, but a good way to gauge your own performance in case the driver you tend to compete with on a regular basis doesn't show up. I've fooled around with it at the autocrosses I go to and it seems to work out ok(not that I always care for the result.).
If I get time, I'll see if I have all of this years results somewhere, and see how folks pax out over the year, just for fun.
Kevin, if you happen to have a excel sheet of the results of 2009 events handy that you can easily email, i could probably do it real quick.

Aside from a spec class series, I don't think you'll ever get a classing system that will ever truly be equitable.

Looking forward to more events this year....specifically conquering Burke(or at least finishing the day).
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

MIght be quicker just to look at the year end points. Our points both class and king are based upon a percentage of the winning speed. We just add up the percentages. The points also show the percentages for each event.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

KevinGale wrote:MIght be quicker just to look at the year end points. Our points both class and king are based upon a percentage of the winning speed. We just add up the percentages. The points also show the percentages for each event.
D'oh, and I actually entered all results from the season into a spreadsheet already, I was just missing the first Ascutney. :lol: I new I should have waited.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66