hoosier A6's

walterclark

Re: hoosier A6's

Post by walterclark »

About the only level and flat surface I can envision is on a trailer that has been jacked level...

You might start at Hoosiers recommended 3 degrees camber, perhaps a touch toe-out and middle of the recommend pressure range.

Here is the literature I mentioned: https://www.hoosiertire.com/tctR6_A6.pdf
The older I get the better I was.
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

that is the guide that confused me pretty much says 27 psi hot to 52 psi (though probably not that hot at 1800lbs) I always aimed for 32 psi with my old tires so I will probably do the same. I wish it gave a temp target though. I ill probably start at 2.5 and work up if I need to. I love setting up suspension should be fun.
jkale

Post by jkale »

Last year with my A6's, in my impreza which weighed in at 2600, 61/39 weight distribution, I tried to keep them at about 28-32 psi and about 2psi lower in the rear when I got to the top of the hill.. 3* of camber is where you want to be with them, but I tried to make mine last by swapping inside for outside about halfway thru the season and running slightly lower camber. They still handled amazingly.

John,
I learned my lesson last season of where to set the camber to at that hill..
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

sciroccohp wrote:that is the guide that confused me pretty much says 27 psi hot to 52 psi (though probably not that hot at 1800lbs) I always aimed for 32 psi with my old tires so I will probably do the same. I wish it gave a temp target though. I ill probably start at 2.5 and work up if I need to. I love setting up suspension should be fun.
What I read for pressure is: Weight: 1800-2200 LBS. Hot: 30-33+ Cold: 22-27 It does mention higher pressures in extreme cases may be needed for FWD, but extreme to me means at the upper end of the weight scale (3000+ pounds) and with street stock sedan type weight transfer and understeer characteristics that puts all the weight on the front outside tire in corners.
The older I get the better I was.
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

joey what width tires were you running?

I was thinking extreme may mean that I will be taking the car to 85+ mph for an extended amount of time compared to a normal autocross. I think I have my starting points now. Just have to put the driveshafts in and I will start setting her up.
jkale

Post by jkale »

sciroccohp wrote:joey what width tires were you running?

I was thinking extreme may mean that I will be taking the car to 85+ mph for an extended amount of time compared to a normal autocross. I think I have my starting points now. Just have to put the driveshafts in and I will start setting her up.
I was using the 225/50-16 which are a 10" wide tire.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790