Quick release spring loaded hatch holder thingy

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Quick release spring loaded hatch holder thingy

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Trying to find them on the internet, but I do not know what they are called. This is just one part... the other part has a spring on it.

Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
walterclark

Re: Quick release spring loaded hatch holder thingy

Post by walterclark »

The older I get the better I was.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Just when I think someone upstairs has it out for me, I get an e-mail tonight from Rallysportdirect.com

I'm unsure if I want to do this route or really small hood pins. It seems the latches for these cars (2001 Golf) are hard to come by as this is a common (based on WTB posts that I have seen during my research) issue.

Sparco Spring Latch Quick Release Set

Steve
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Thanks Walter... for some reason I did not see your post when posting mine. Too excited that I found what I was looking for???

Looks like they are called "Terry Body Springs" as a lot of hits come up for it.

I'll check them out also.

Steve
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Wow, $39!! I got a set (minus the 2 screws in the Sparco kit) from Pegasus for $16, and I figured if I shopped more I could do a little better (but I happen to like Pegasus service and trust that their hardware isnt a cheap knockoff).

In spite of being awarded a nice bungee (and the KSCC Mystery Award) at the end of last season to help keep my hatch closed, I decided to use these when I gut the hatch and remove the stock latch as part of the "P3" move for my GTI. I like these (for the things that open from the rear) because they are very easy to see that they are or are not latched. Pins with captive keepers should be easy to see as well but I have seen case after case where they were missed when in a hurry and the result if on the front of a hood is usually a broken windshield since almost everyone removes the stock safety catch along with the stock latch.
The older I get the better I was.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

If you are looking for my options, try speedway motors. They have lots of different stuff.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/search-latch.html
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Looking at my hatch, I'm unsure how to use it as the hatch sits directly on the rear bumper. I could put above the tail lights to the body, but I do not want to connect anything to the body. I also do not see how I could make hood pins work. I guess I'm going to have to weigh my options (replace latch vs. Terry vs. hood pins). Oh, and the more obvious... perhaps it can be fixed.

Thanks to Seth and Walter for input. Sometime experience is better than a Google search.