FS: VW 020 9A transaxle w/Peloquin LSD

For Sale (FS), Want to Buy (WTB), or Free cars or car parts
walterclark

FS: VW 020 9A transaxle w/Peloquin LSD

Post by walterclark »

I want to offer this to the NEHA community before I put it back together and sell it on craigslist/facebook/vwvortex/ebay.

I have the new gasket and seal kit as well as the new input shaft and 2nd gear in hand, the transmission's internal have been cleaned up from the loss of 2nd gear at Okemo and I am ready to reassemble it. If someone on this forum wants to buy it, see its insides before reassembly to see that it is pristine and watch the reassembly I will be happy to hold off putting it back together so they can be here.

The 9A is the close ratio transmission on the 8V GTI in '85-'89 with 100mm output flanges. It has a R:P from the 4K series. 4K is the close ratio 8V GTI transmission used in Europe in the mid 80's with as higher final drive ratio.

I am selling this because I am going to the 02A/02J transmission series in my GTI.

Specifics:
1st gear 3.45:1
2nd gear 2.12:1
3rd gear 1.44:1
4th gear 1.13:1
5th gear .89:1
R:P 3.94 (from the euro close ratio 4K transmission)

Peloquin 020 torque biasing diff with Peloquin preload kit.
Proper fOEM syncros installed in 2013. Only use has been at hillclimbs.
Amsoil GL-4 75W80 Gear Oil.

$500 firm.
The older I get the better I was.
walterclark

Re: FS: VW 020 9A transaxle w/Peloquin LSD

Post by walterclark »

The above transmission has been assembled and is ready to go into a car.

In addition I have its twin (except the twin uses a Quaife LSD), out of the car and ready to go. This one was originally built by Dick Shine for a friend and never used. I replaced the syncros a couple years ago because the moly coating on the originals had partially come unstuck from the syncros while in storage. Same price.

Finally, since I am changing over to an 02A/J I have an excellent lightened and balanced 020 compatible flywheel, Stage 2 PP and clutch from Clutchnet (all 3 balanced as a set), my fully developed rod shift linkage (complete with everything except a shift knob) for an A2 chassis and 020 tranny, and a couple adjustable clutch cables, one unused and the other in good shape out of the car.

If you think you might want any of this stuff contact me for details and to figure out prices. I plan to start listing all of it on Craigslist, some VW sites and finally on eBay in December.
walterclark

Re: FS: VW 020 9A transaxle w/Peloquin LSD

Post by walterclark »

The 020 with the Quaife sold today via Craigslist. The one with the Peloquin is still available...http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/pts/4830638324.html