SOLD: 16v GTi Shells (One former SCCA-ITS road race car)

For Sale (FS), Want to Buy (WTB), or Free cars or car parts
Moto-Joe
AntiSpam: No

SOLD: 16v GTi Shells (One former SCCA-ITS road race car)

Post by Moto-Joe »

Two VW MkII 16v GTi Shells (One former SCCA-ITS road race car - one parts car)

I have two 1991 16V GTis for sale.

One is a former SCCA ITS car with Autopower bolt-in cage and full spherical suspension bearing conversion and welded in camber plates. It was used in several "One Lap of America" events and road raced at other New England tracks. The other shell was just a parts donor car.
The engines and transmissions have been removed from both cars, so these are just shells for sale.
I will sell separately or together, but the race car will be sold with all the extra parts that have been removed from the other car.
Here is a photo gallery of the entire project during my ownership.

GTI Photo Gallery: https://picasaweb.google.com/1115179471 ... i16VRescue

I got the "ran when parked" line from the person I bought it from, but found a completely ruined fuel system when I started working on it. The reason neither car has engine/trans is due to a previous Craigslist buyer who only wanted the shells, so I agreed, removed the drivetrains, and the buyer evaporated. I plan to use the engine in my Scirocco, so that is why it is not included in this sale. There is a disassembled 2.0 16V that is available with a complete transmission that could be included if a buyer wants them (for no additional cost)

The GTi race car will come with wheels/tires so it is a roller.
BOTH CARS AND EVERYTHING I HAVE FOR THEM $500.00.
Yep - both cars included (or not... your choice) and every new/used part I have that will fit them.
If you just want the parts shell, it's yours free.

Parts shell will need a flatbed or trailer. I can forklift it onto your vehicle without damage.
Tons of spare parts come with race car and it is a roller.

Cars are both located in North Hampton, NH. The race car had been stored in my garage since I've owned it until its recent move to the shop in NH.

Thanks for looking,

Joe
iatruk@gmail.com
Last edited by Moto-Joe on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Moto-Joe

Re: 2 VW MkII 16v GTi Shells (One former SCCA-ITS road race

Post by Moto-Joe »

Listing updated with lower price - don't want to plow around these this Winter!
Parts shell is FREE to anyone who can use it.
Moto-Joe

Re: 2 VW MkII 16v GTi Shells (One former SCCA-ITS road race

Post by Moto-Joe »

Price drop!

Great Winter project for someone with a good engine but rusty Golf, Jetta or GTi!
Can you say engine swap??? How about a 1.8t, VR6 or TDi