WTB a kids yard go kart

For Sale (FS), Want to Buy (WTB), or Free cars or car parts
sachilles

WTB a kids yard go kart

Post by sachilles »

Hey folks,
Andrew is starting to find the limits of his race gator. So we may have to pass it on to the next potential racer.

So we'd like to find a go-kart project to work on over the winter. Looking for something designed to run in the yard(as opposed to a race kart). Something with a cage, but can be modified to fit his size. Gas. Need not be super fast, but at least as fast as the gator.
Similar to this is perfect in concept. Obviously something that can adjust to a small body.
Fixer upper is fine, need not be perfect. Looking for something sub $500.
So long story short if you see something in your travels that might fit the bill, let me know please.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Super1303
AntiSpam: No

Re: WTB a kids yard go kart

Post by Super1303 »

You still looking for a project Go-Cart? I have just that. It's similar to the picture but has bigger tires. It 'did' run when I bought it but it has been sitting.
Has a CVT, I think a 10HP Briggs, electric start, two seater and the option for lights.
It's ugly(paint wise) needs work but has every thing to make a great cart. I don't have the time it's too small and have faster ones to play with... I paid $250 you pay $200 if you want it.

Let me know, Evan
Hello, my name is Evan and I'm a Volksaholic.
1973 Super Beetle, #666
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Very interested. I'll send you a pm.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Super1303
AntiSpam: No

Post by Super1303 »

I don't if you found your kid a cart yet, I found this and thought I should throw it your way.
I have the same frame from my carting days, put some dirt course tires on it and you've got a yard cart. Pick the tires and take it out on the lake, that's what we used to do.

Anyway here it is, Cheers.

http://burlington.craigslist.org/sno/4264832875.html
Hello, my name is Evan and I'm a Volksaholic.
1973 Super Beetle, #666