AntiSpam: No

[FS] Datsun 240z project - SOLD

Post by drummingpariah »

1972 240z Project Car
Year: 1972
Make: Datsun
Model: 240z
Engine: two round-top-SU n42 l28's
Transmission: two 4speed manuals (with clutches)
Drivetrain: two r180 differentials (wide and narrow)
Color: I'm colorblind, see pics
Mileage: 9 zillion inches (no idea)
Price: $2500 obo
Phone #: 413-931-1486 (cell)
----------------
Mods: Converted from auto to manual at some point
Rust: Yes, primarily on the rear wheel wells and directly under the driver's seat(interior only). No repair panels need to be purchased, just small patches cut and welded.
Mechanical Condition: Needs brake/fuel lines, brake booster, lots of assembly, shakedown/etc. Make no mistake that this is a rolling project.
Body/Interior Condition: Aside from seats, all the major components are present and accounted for (including all black interior panels - some are in better condition than others). Two boxes full of electronics equipment are included, and while it looks like everything's there, I haven't connected it and therefore cannot confirm that it's complete or functional. What I can say is that everything looks original, so take that as you like.
Pics/Other Info:This was originally intended to be my dedicated hillclimb race car, but the l28et 280z has taken priority and I really only have time (and space) to focus on one car (and three motorcycles). I'm selling it as a strong starting point with a big pile of goodies. Hopefully I can hand this on to someone else to free up funds to finish the 280z for Ascutney I.

Roughly how it sits now:

Hard lines were destroyed by a PO at some point.
Some of the interior:

The seat isn't bolted in, it's just resting there:

Some of this is worth something. That unburned fuse panel cover, for instance.
Current motor
Spare motor

There is quite a bit there, and I'm not going to hold anything back. Contact me when you're ready to make an offer, my time is precious and I can't really afford to waste it on tire-kickers. There isn't too much that I need at this point, but I'd humor an interesting trade offer.
Last edited by drummingpariah on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
drummingpariah
AntiSpam: No

Re: [FS] Datsun 240z project

Post by drummingpariah »

I handed of the keys to the kingdom of this car over the weekend. Now I have lots of open garage space, and can get some real work done!