FS: Shift linkage for A2 VW - $300

For Sale (FS), Want to Buy (WTB), or Free cars or car parts
walterclark

FS: Shift linkage for A2 VW - $300

Post by walterclark »

Craigslist post link: http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/pts/4830681452.html

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

For Sale is a fully developed mechanical shift linkage for a second generation (A2) Golf or Jetta with an 020 manual transmission. It is the result of several years work to dramatically improve shifting precision beyond stock shifters and most aftermarket upgrades for my hillclimb race car.

This linkage eliminates all the soft bushings and pivots, and relocated the 1-2 gate guide and reverse lockout to the transmission.

It uses spherical bearings and delrin or bronze bushing sleeves on every moving part. The shifter itself is mounted to a precision gimbal assembly in place of the plastic ball and cup. The transfer ball is replaced by a bearing mounted nylon roller and is heat shielded from hot exhaust. The 1-2 gate and reverse lockout is a custom machined design mounted on the transaxle that accurately locates the 1-2 gate when down shifting, eliminating missed shifts because of adjustment or play issues and eliminates the shifter push down reverse lockout, permitting a more precise shifter design. Reverse is entered by squeezing the shifter mounted lever and moving the shifter past the 1-2 gate.

It is being sold because I am converting the car to use an 02J transaxle which requires cable shifting.
The older I get the better I was.