FS: Race car / Mod Heavy #15

For Sale (FS), Want to Buy (WTB), or Free cars or car parts
KevinGale

Re: FS: Race car / Mod Heavy #15

Post by KevinGale »

walterclark wrote:Man, if I were a better driver...and maybe 20 years younger. Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard, again.
Come over to the dark side! :twisted:
honda#72
AntiSpam: No

Post by honda#72 »

Sad to hear Mr Smolinski Sr is retiring, but glad we will still see him around. I loved being at the top of Burke and watching him and the car power through the last turn up to finish. This is one of my favorite cars at the hill, wish I had the extra money and space. Jr's not interested in piloting this beast ? How much different than the V-dub can it be ? :)
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

honda#72 wrote:Jr's not interested in piloting this beast ? How much different than the V-dub can it be ? :)
Perhaps if he drove it up the hill backwards...
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I hear this is still for sale...
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

and that's a smoking deal on a race ready car with spares...especially that car.
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
Terry.Murphy

Post by Terry.Murphy »

Boy, would I love to get into this car next. It would be quite a change from the Subaru! How would a 6'6" 255lb guy fit in it? I'm debating moving into something like this next rather than dumping about that same amount into a turbo powerplant/ 6 speed subaru trans swap in the RS.
2010 Subaru Forester DD
1996 Legacy Outback Wagon - Winter Beater
2001 Impreza RS - Project Autox/Hillclimb/Track Car
smokey15

Post by smokey15 »

Terry,

The seat and driver's compartment was modified for me; 5'6", 165 lbs. It is easily modified back to original specs and can be made to fit a driver. The pedals are adjustable, the steering column can be cut down, the seat is raised and can be mounted closer to, or even on the floor. The steering wheel is removable.

Smokey
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Robbie isn't taking over the #15?
smokey15

Post by smokey15 »

Everything is always for sale. The agreement is, if the car sells, he either returns to the Golf or finds another ride.
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

smokey15 wrote:# 15 Hill Climb/Road Race, race car, (resembles an asphalt modified); Howe chassis set-up to go left & right, Full Roll Cage; Chevrolet small block engine; balanced; 350 C.I. block bored .030 over but destroked to 320 C.I.; Holley 750 C.F.M. carb reworked by Davinci Carbs; Wilson carb spacer; K%N Air Filter; Edelbrock Victor Jr. Intake Manifold; Dart 202 angle plug heads with machine work by PCW; chrome forged crankshaft, Crower H-Beam rods, Wiseco 12.5 to 1 pistons; Iskerdarian camshaft; Rollmaster Performance Timing Chain set; Dual Crane Hi-6N Ignition Boxes, Coils, & Coil Splitter; Holden 9000 Pro Billet Series Electronic Distributor; Canton Road Race Oil Pan with Accusump Oil Accumulator (gravity feed); lubrication Mobil 1 15 w 50; RAM Triple disc hydraulic clutch; Howe Aluminum Radiator, with electric fan (driver controlled); 4-speed Muncie transmission; 9 inch Ford rear with 4:56 gears with a spool; custom valved Bilstein shock absorbers; coil-over springs; on-board fire system; two race seats (Kirby 10 degree layback, 15 inches wide, with shoulder supports; (also have a Ultra Shield Road Rally 16 inch wide seat); Numerous 15 x 10 (9.5) inch spare wheels; numerous spares. Price: $6700.00 takes everything.
Home Phone # 802 438-5267
Cell Phone # 802 353-4230
Email: rbsmlnsk@msn.com

Picture: http://vermontracing.com/1/albums/hill/ ... CN2673.JPG
I noticed the car has slicks on the back and some sort of threaded tire (circle track?) on the front, any particular reason for his? Also what would be the draw backs of installing slicks on the front like Kevin's troyer?
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K