WTB Expired Helmet

For Sale (FS), Want to Buy (WTB), or Free cars or car parts
bowler6788
AntiSpam: No

WTB Expired Helmet

Post by bowler6788 »

Hi Guys, i am new to the forum, and only joined cause someone told me you guys might have what I need on here. I am doing a photo project for a class that I am going to be taking photos of some nice cars and dressing a friend up as "The Stig" from Top Gear. So I am looking to piece together that outfit (Cheap, as this is just a personal project that I'm not making any money on) of white helmet, white w/black jumpsuit, gloves and shoes. Since I'm not actually racing, it doesn't have to be race legal so looking for anything that might be expired. Someone told me helmets expire, I don't know about anything else. If anyone has anything, I am not from the area and not an active member on the site, so I will try to log on occasionally to see if there were any additional posts, but it would be easiest if you could send me an email at FrenzFotography@yahoo.com . I am from Buffalo, NY so wouldn't have to be shipped far and might have a guy out your way that said he's coming out my way over the summer that could just pick it up for me. Let me know if any of you have anything. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Tim Frenz
Frenz Fotography
Buffalo, NY
www.frenzfotography.com
frenzfotography@yahoo.com
3rdgendennis

Re: WTB Expired Helmet

Post by 3rdgendennis »

might have an expired simpson bandit helmet...even looks like the stig's :D I'll check when I get home
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
bowler6788

Post by bowler6788 »

Alright thanks man. Let me know. You know if any other equipment expires as well over time or just the helmets?
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Just helmets for now. SA2000 was just dropped this year. The rest of the gear is supposed to be replaced when worn or damaged, but no specific age rules apply to suits, gloves, etc.
The older I get the better I was.
bowler6788

Post by bowler6788 »

Cool thanks. Then if anyone has any damaged gear as well that they cant use, let me know. Most of the shots are going to be from the front, so if the back of its damaged you won't see it really. Same thing with gloves if maybe the palms are worn through or something, I can still prob use it. Thanks for the info guys.