WTB: Harness & Misc safety items Group Buy opportunity

For Sale (FS), Want to Buy (WTB), or Free cars or car parts
Ryed
AntiSpam: No

WTB: Harness & Misc safety items Group Buy opportunity

Post by Ryed »

Not sure if anyone here is in the market for a harness, or other safety items, but thought I'd cross post a thread I have going on http://www.sccv.org

I've connected with the owner of http://www.safedrives.com. He is willing to offer a staggered discount on Harnesses and other safety items.

Since people are likley to want different things, here is what he has offered:

"Hello Erik,

Thank you for your email. This is something I can help on.

4 Harnesses = 10% Discount
8 Harnesses = 15% Discount
12 Harnesses = 17.5% Discount
16+ Harnesses = 20% Discount

An extra 3% Discount can be taken for mailing us a check for payment though, we are happy to have your credit card payment as well.

This discount does not apply to head and neck restraints. For that product line we do offer the Rent to Own program and used devices at a discount. http://safedrives.com/products.asp?cat=82

There will not be any shipping, tax or other fees. I can extend the discount to other items like suits, gloves, helmets and roll bar / cage kits."

UPDATE FROM SAFEDRIVES.COM!!!
1. I can extend the harness discount scale to everything at safedrives.com, with a few exceptions.
a. Head and Neck Restraints. If you can order 2 or more Head and Neck Restraints http://safedrives.com/products.asp?cat=82 I can discount a maximum of 10% off per device. This does not apply to Rent to Own, that program is awesome all by itself.
b. Roll Cages; we have two manufacturers we offer roll cages from. S&W = 0% discount, sorry but we make almost nothing on these. Autopower I can discount 10% for any Roll Bar or Cage ordered. If two or more Autopower kits are ordered then Safe Drives will also pay the shipping fee for the Autopower shipment.

2. All of the safety harnesses that Safe Drives offer are SFI Certified and all of the harnesses Safe Drives offers will work with Head and Neck Restraints.

3. Gforce nets will follow the discount scale for the harness order. Simpson / Safety Solutions nets will get a 10% discount.

4. Seats for 17.5% off!!

Go on the website and see if they have something that works for you. If you're in, simply let me know what you want and I'll start a list. I will then send the list to Charles @SafeDrives and confirm pricing, and then request checks prior to placing the order.

Let me know if you are in/out, or have any questions.
Last edited by Ryed on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
91 VW GTI VR6 Turbo "Polar Express"
2012 Ford F-150 "Tullibee"
2006 BMW 530xi "Grace Jones"
"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time" - Unknown
Ryed

Re: WTB: Harness & Misc safety items Group Buy opportunity

Post by Ryed »

Just a quick update on the potential group buy. IF EVERYONE that has expressed interest (on other forums so far) commits, we're up to 12 harnesses which bumps the discount to 17.5% + 3% for paying by check! 20.5% off with free shipping beats any prices by far that I've found elsewhere.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I will know this weekend if I'm in or no.... just need to check out the car.

I need two for the Scirocco, but I will wait on that until it is actually on the road.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Ryed

Post by Ryed »

Thanks Steve! I've got commitments for 9 harnesses thus far, with 5 "maybes". Potentially getting close to the full 23% discount...
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

I'm going to need at least 2, possibly 3. Have an idea on a date for the group buy?
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
Ryed

Post by Ryed »

3rdgendennis wrote:I'm going to need at least 2, possibly 3. Have an idea on a date for the group buy?
I'd like to have a verbal commitment and inventory list to send to the vendor by the end of the week. I would then confirm the discount pricing with the vendor. After that, I'd ask everyone to send me a check. Once everyone's check is cleared I'd write one check (as requested by SafeRides.com) and submit the order.

As of now I have commitments for 12 harnesses, 3 other maybe buyers, plus your 2-3. We're at 17.5% + 3% right now. If we hit 16 harnesses it jumps to 20% + 3%. So if it takes an extra week to get enough people for the maximum discount, I'm all for it.
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

I'm in (if there's inventory of belts, according to the site at the moment none of the 5pts are available, but if added to cart they are). I'll send you a pm.
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Jason, that's an artifact of the website. It's the description that is not available not the product itself.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Ryed

Post by Ryed »

Everyone, I have updated my original post with more details from the vendor, and explanation of discount for other items. Please take a look!
linc44

Post by linc44 »

Anyone looking for a roll bar or cage and interested in doubling up for some free shipping and a discount? PM me please.