1996 Mitsu Eclipse GSX

Street car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, RV, etc.
walterclark

1996 Mitsu Eclipse GSX

Post by walterclark »

Madeline has finally decided its time to let this car go to another home. It has sat in our garage since she got the S8 about 7 years ago, used by my mother occasionally when she was visiting and by us when one of daily drivers was in the shop. Before that she drove it 5 miles daily from our garage to a garage at her office. She is asking $4000 on Craigslist but is basically looking for the best reasonable offer.

It is listed as in great condition but that doesnt do it justice. Everything is original except tires, belts, brakes and fluids (all synthetic ) and the car is rust free except for surface rust on unprotected components underneath. It has almost no highway miles in the winter so even the windshield and headlight covers are free of any pitting. The paint is perfect and the car is free of chips or dings except for some curbing scrapes on the underside of the front facia.

The car is equipped with a factory alarm but the control fob is missing because the selling dealer installed a LoJack alarm (which failed a few years later and was removed) and did not give us the original fob. These are available online both new and used fairly cheap. Also, the electric door lock motors no longer work - a common problem with these cars. The factory replacement bits are expensive but there are aftermarket kits available that are not.

This is the Boston Craigslist listing:

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. Turbo AWD model.
57800 miles. Original owner, great condition, always garaged.
White w/gray leather interior.
Automatic transmission
PS, PB, power windows
Sunroof
A/C
Cruise control
Factory Infinity AM/FM CD with power antenna
Factory Homelink
Factory alarm
LoJack
Summer Pirelli P6000s tires on factory 16" alloys and Blizzak WS-15 winter tires on steel wheels with covers.

Sold!
The older I get the better I was.