99 subaru 2.5rs coupe $1200 obo

Street car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, RV, etc.
sachilles

99 subaru 2.5rs coupe $1200 obo

Post by sachilles »

Long story short, a co-worker had this car. I told him if he ever decided to sell it, to let me know. He finally decided to sell it.
I had dreams of fixing the rear quarter panel rust they all seem to have, and make a daily driver of it. Getting it on a lift, the rear subframe is pretty rusted. At this point I don't think it's worth the effort for my needs. Though I think it would be a good rallycross beater for someone. I thought about keeping it for myself for that purpose....but since I'm lucky to get to one rallyx a year, that seems a waste.

Lots of issues with the car, hence the low price. However, I could part it out and make the asking price and then some. Car has been sitting for 3 months at least.
169k miles, most in northern new england. Rust on the rear quarters, and rear subframe is pretty soft. inside the trunk lid has some rust as well. Exhaust looks like hell, but doesn't leak as yet, but the heat shields rattle and at least one hanger has rusted off. It might survive one rallyx, but anything after the cat doesn't look long for life.
Brakes will need to be done on all four corners. Both drivers sides stick a bit, but does come with a new(reman) front caliper. ABS light is on. Check engine light is on.
Despite head gaskets being done around 130k, the driver side shows evidence of an external leak. Engine still runs strong.
Wheels, even though they are in the picture, the rs five spokes are not included. It will come with your choice of oem wrx 16 rims, or "sport edition" 6 spoke 15" rims. Both choices come with well worn winter tires.
Windshield has a small star in it, but not noticeable unless you really look.
Dog hair....lots of it.
Interior is well worn but serviceable.
A/C.....doesn't work and is missing parts.

On the upside, the front part of the body is in amazing shape for the age.
5 speed tranny still seems good.

Basically, a really good car to beat the snot out of at a rallyx a couple of times, then part out. Maybe a winter beater, but more likely a parts donor. I've always wanted one as a street car, but I just couldn't justify making this one into a daily driver. Not really worth a cage etc.

If it doesn't sell, I'll end up parting her out, keeping the driveline components as backups for my fleet of subies. Not sure how well keeping a parts car in the yard will for my marriage.

Pictures at the below link. It looks better in the pictures than it actually is....how's that for a sales pitch? :D
http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91 ... es/cookie/

Car is located in Waitsfield VT.
And yes I could be persuaded to deliver via trailer to some place in new england after purchase if you make it worth my effort.
Trades? Slide in bed camper? Life time supply of beer? Snowblower? Hans device or other head and neck restraint? fia approved seat?
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
sachilles

Re: 99 subaru 2.5rs coupe $1200 obo

Post by sachilles »

Sale pending.
Sachilles
presterone1
AntiSpam: No

Post by presterone1 »

my friends interested in parts if you don't sell it, I'll keep an eye on this thread.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Don't bother. The car sold.
I also sold my 2000 RS sedan.
Only parts I have remaining are some misc interior trim.
Sachilles
suman
AntiSpam: No

Post by suman »

Did you find a truck?a friend has a old snap on tool van it is a 1986 chevy aluminum body with 45000 miles needs brake lines and exhaust its a 454 asking $2000 looks like a bread truck style 802-875-4192 George
Braindumps Braindumps
Certkiller 640-864 dumps 640-864 dumps
Certkiller JN0-101 dumps JN0-101 dumps
Certkiller cisco certification training cisco certification training
Certkiller JN0-343 dumps JN0-343 dumps