WTB: Box Truck

Street car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, RV, etc.
linc44
AntiSpam: No

WTB: Box Truck

Post by linc44 »

Hi all,

Just figured I would put the word out that I am searching for a cheap box truck (<$2500) with at least a 15' box. I plan to use it as a car transport/camper for upcoming hillclimbs. The idea is that if god forbid something go wrong at the hill, I will not be stranded with no way to get home to Maine....plus, skipping the tent and sleeping on the ground and rain would be nice too. I found a few on Craigslist but they all seem to need a transmission or engine rebuild, or both. Gas or diesel is ok (diesel preferred but at my price point I'm not picky), high mileage is fine too, as long as it is in decent inspectable running condition.

So to recap, if you see or know of anybody looking to get rid of a truck meeting that criteria (I know, I know, I'm asking a lot), shoot me a PM please! Thanks,

-Lincoln
Rabbit Farmer

Re: WTB: Box Truck

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Lincoln.
There are a ton of used box trucks out there for cheap. Get a copy of Auto Trader and look online for used box trucks. Might want to check out racingjunk.com also.

Lots of options.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

uhaul.com used trucks they have a ton and you can haggle a lot.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Find the mag "autohunter", it's a northern new england publication.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
44 mod

Post by 44 mod »

Did you find a truck?a friend has a old snap on tool van it is a 1986 chevy aluminum body with 45000 miles needs brake lines and exhaust its a 454 asking $2000 looks like a bread truck style 802-875-4192 George