Mt. Washington Hillclimb is on for 2014!

walterclark

Re: Mt. Washington Hillclimb is on for 2014!

Post by walterclark »

I think I heard early December.
The older I get the better I was.
NHRallyGuy

2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb - Entry Update

Post by NHRallyGuy »

There have been a few questions regarding when the Entry process for the 2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb will get underway. Sorry we haven't posted anything sooner, but as I'm sure most of you realize there's lots of "behind the scenes" things need to happen in order to get ready for an event of this magnitude. We're still finalizing a few very important details details regarding the Entry process but we hope to be posting both the Supplementary Regulations and the Entry information on the Climb to the Clouds web site in the next couple weeks. In the meantime, we ask that you please hang in there a bit longer and know that we're getting things done as quickly as we can. That said, thank you all for your patience, excitement and interest in the 2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb!!!
Paul Giblin
Cell Phone: (603) 986-1217
E-mail: paulgiblin@usa.net
NHRallyGuy

Chief of Spectator Marshalls needed for Mt. Washington

Post by NHRallyGuy »

Would you like to become part of the Organizing team working to put on the 2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb? Our longtime Chief of Spectator Marshalls, George Young, has decided to retire from this key position so we're in search of the right person to take on this key role. George has offered to serve as a Mentor to assist the new "Chief" in learning the role so you won't be left hanging wondering what to do and when to do it. It's a great opportunity to be "up close" at one of the most historic motorsports events in the country. The right person will need to be organized, willing & able to recruit quality people-oriented volunteers, commit to the 4 days of the event and be a really good people person. If you think you've got the skills needed to take on this role and would like to learn more about it, please send a note my way (paulgiblin@usa.net) so we can set up a time to talk. Thanks, Paul Giblin - Event Director, 2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb
Paul Giblin
Cell Phone: (603) 986-1217
E-mail: paulgiblin@usa.net
Don Kennedy
AntiSpam: No

Post by Don Kennedy »

walterclark wrote:Access to the top of a taco installed in the roof bars in a closed car would typically require the roof be removed.
Not necessarly, I've been told (after I cut a hole in my roof to have it done). Leave the taco basicly flat (maybe not flat, but bent 90 degress, not 180), weld the top half, bend it over and weld the bottom half. Don't know how well it would work depending on the thickness but I sure would have my welder (who's pretty good) try it first).
vwlover

Post by vwlover »

The 2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Class descriptions have been posted to http://www.climbtotheclouds.com/141-2/
vwlover

Post by vwlover »

2014 Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb Welcomes the Rally America National Championship: http://www.climbtotheclouds.com/2014-su ... mpionship/
Don Kennedy

Post by Don Kennedy »

I wonder how that's going to affect the entry of some little guy like us being accepted in the rally class. I may have to find a Hillclimb class to run in.
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

Registration opens at midnight...Don't see any info on entering Rally Classes
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

I dont see anywhere what the entry fee is going to be either. anyone know?
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

sdwarf36 wrote:I dont see anywhere what the entry fee is going to be either. anyone know?
It's $800. It's in the supplemental regulations.
Credit card given at time of registration, but not charged unless you are selected. Card charged around on january 4(or 6th, I forget).
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66