Production class racing deduction in Prepared

Discussion related to classification of cars in the NEHA series.
KevinGale

Production class racing deduction in Prepared

Post by KevinGale »

I'm interested to hear from people who would object to removing this prepared class reduction.
E. Cars configured for production class racing: Deduct 12% of actual displacement.

Classes recognized as production classes include SCCA IT and AS; production classes in SCCA, EMRA, and SVRA; and most Street Stock classes. Criteria for recognition of existing classes, or for use of this factor on cars not originating in these classes, are retention of all-original body, frame, floors, and firewalls; use of all original control arms and original suspension geometry; original configuration of engine, in stock position.
This was put in a long time ago and allowed Sim Shortman to run in P2 with his Corvette instead of P1. I miss Sim but isn't going to be racing with us again until we all move on to our next life.
britracer89

Re: Production class racing deduction in Prepared

Post by britracer89 »

Being one that dabbles in historic type cars I would like to keep the current rule. I have Thompson Speedway close by with the road course now open and several historic clubs racing there. With the rule as current I may be able to be somewhat competitive at the hills and still meet historic rules. I also have been talking with several other people currently racing with historic clubs that are interested in hillclimbing. The way I read it the "original body" means no plastic or fiberglass unless it was factory original. "Original frame" so no tube or semi-tube."floors, and firewalls; use of all original control arms and original suspension geometry" = no aluminum or fiberglass unless factory original.

The current helps keep some historic cars reasonably competitive in class.
Just my 3 cents.
Brian
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Good enough for me. I'll leave it alone.
Mopar 151w2
AntiSpam: No

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Thanks, Brian. That was my intent when writing it up backalong. another example is A/Sedan , where the DOT tire break and the "stock tub" break move the car to P/2
Mopar 151w2
AntiSpam: No

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Because Ommni 2.2 's are such a Dennis family staple, I thought it might be tomely to note: The throttle plate area number cited in the break for restricted intake is figured out to include the 2 most popular applications.

The 32/36 mm 2-barrel Holley (Weber) on 2.2 Omni's and 2.3 Fords, and many similar

The Holley #4412, aka 500 2-barrel, on a 5.7 L,(350ci) engine - very popular limited oval track