OKEMO II - Kinda quiet

walterclark

Re: Question about arm restraints

Post by walterclark »

honda#72 wrote:I plan on running, my S2000 with the soft top up, I bought fia arm restraints,because Don and Walter told me I needed them. Although the kid at Ascutney in the S2000 this spring did not have them.I have not mounted my corbeau racing seats from my Prelude because I told the old lady she could drive the silver s2000 on the street before it gets it's cage.my question is since they are meant latch into your harnesses, can I attach the arm restraints thru my 3 point stock belts, or wrap them around my waist to "secure" my arms to myself ?
I will leave it to Don to review your hook-in with the arm restraints but let me say this... The restraints should have rings that are intended to be slipped over the ends of two the multi-point buckle ends of your race harness, so they are secure but will release along with the harness. I know the instructions for the G-Force restraints illustrate this. I cant imagine a DOT belt hookup that will let you do that, but I may be wrong. It is important that the restraints not only keep your arms inside the car in a rollover but it is critical that they do not require extra steps to release you from the car if you need to get out in a hurry.
The older I get the better I was.
honda#72
AntiSpam: No

Re: OKEMO II - Kinda quiet

Post by honda#72 »

I may be wrong but does Jimi wear his with the restraints going behind his back to hold his arms together and down, or could they be slung thru the 3 point so, they slide off with the release of the buckle?, or tethered to myself looping the rings thru my belt? .Section F and FF of the safety requirements do not specify anything about rag tops , or how arm restraints can be mounted. Bottom line, if they keep arms down , and do not interfer with exiting the vehicle will they be ok? I don't want to drive up and not be able to run, I have read the rules and it seems that there is not much solid info on this subject.
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: OKEMO II - Kinda quiet

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Tub II still doesn't work. New fuel dist. did not fix the problem (it was a problem but not the problem). I will only be there on Sunday now (working and taking video). Check 4 sounds like a good place for video. Julie might be there also.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com