Burke I special notes-please read!

walterclark

Re: Burke I special notes-please read!

Post by walterclark »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Walter in the AM, Don in the PM.... as long as there is light. Opps... no light at 10PM. Crap, going to have to deal with Don (hopefully post-coffee) and Walter in the AM.

What did I win?
Ding!

Navin: Uh, anything in this general area right in here. Anything below the stereo and on this side of the bicentennial glasses. Anything between the ashtrays and the thimble. Anything in this three inches right in here in this area. That includes the Chiclets, but not the erasers.
The older I get the better I was.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex. :lol:
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

Burke, Burke, Burke... Smokey will not be able to make it to Burke 1 so we are looking for someone willing to donate their pick up truck to transport workers up and down the hill on Saturday and Sunday. Can't have a cap and would have to be ready to go by 7 on Saturday morning. Would be nice if you wanted to drive it too : )

No workers on the hill... no drivers on the hill :?
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
RacingFrog

Post by RacingFrog »

kindabratty328 wrote:Burke, Burke, Burke... Smokey will not be able to make it to Burke 1 so we are looking for someone willing to donate their pick up truck to transport workers up and down the hill on Saturday and Sunday. Can't have a cap and would have to be ready to go by 7 on Saturday morning. Would be nice if you wanted to drive it too : )

I should have a truck. Not sure which one yet as mine has no brakes right now and not sure it will be fixed in time. But I'll figure something out and will have a truck (maybe even my vintage 55!)
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
Super1303

Post by Super1303 »

kindabratty328 wrote:Burke, Burke, Burke... Smokey will not be able to make it to Burke 1 so we are looking for someone willing to donate their pick up truck to transport workers up and down the hill on Saturday and Sunday. Can't have a cap and would have to be ready to go by 7 on Saturday morning. Would be nice if you wanted to drive it too : )

My truck will be with me the whole weekend and available, same one that will be there Friday, if needed.
I'll drive too, no problem.
Hello, my name is Evan and I'm a Volksaholic.
1973 Super Beetle, #666
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Greetings from Burke!
We're here +have inspected the facilities. The upper lot is fine. There is a skidder and a dump truck and some steel plates parked there. Shouldn't affect us. Just start filling the back of the lot 1st please- there will a be a few camping up there-so be nice+ save them some room.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

sdwarf36 wrote:Greetings from Burke!
We're here +have inspected the facilities. The upper lot is fine. There is a skidder and a dump truck and some steel plates parked there. Shouldn't affect us. Just start filling the back of the lot 1st please- there will a be a few camping up there-so be nice+ save them some room.
I'll assume that if we only have one car, we can park directly at our campsite at Burke?
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

sdwarf36 wrote:Greetings from Burke!
I'll assume that if we only have one car, we can park directly at our campsite at Burke?

I also managed to get approval to leave work a little early tomorrow, so I won't need to interrupt the normal flow of rookie runs. I expect to get there around 5pm.
Taylor_Racing

Post by Taylor_Racing »

I'll be there in time for the rookie orientation; however my car won't be. it is looking like the car will most likely need to be inspected saturday morning as it will be after dark when my Dad arrives with the ramp truck and car.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Yea- car can go to your site.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.