Convertible Regulations on Unprepared vehicle?

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: Convertible Regulations on Unprepared vehicle?

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

If you get this done by Tuesday, we will present at our club meeting (April 21).

Thanks
Steve "I missed that omission, too"
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I did the update and sent them out this morning. KSCC can vote on this at Ascutney. It's not even clear anyone needs to vote since we are just correcting a mistake but if we don't vote some rules lawyer will likely complain we changed the rules without a vote. :roll:
Last edited by KevinGale on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Who did you send it to with the SCCV?

I agree that "voting" isn't necessary, just acknowledgement of the omission and correction by each club.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Dave is bringing this up on the old NEHA e-mail list.

Kevin... what happened to the correction? (did I receive it and not post it?) I know (IIRC) SCCV approved it; unsure about the other clubs.

Steve
honda#72

Post by honda#72 »

In 05 E1 reads
E. Collision Protection minimum requirements;
1. Roll bar required in all cars without a full steel roof. Roll bar should be equivalent
in construction to cage specs

but in 06 we replaced E1 and E2 with new text.

The new text requires a roll cage in all cars so it was probably thought that the roll bar provision was obsolete but the new text also specifies exceptions to the roll cage rule. The new text is

E. Collision Protection minimum requirements;
1. Roll cage required in all cars with the exception of: ...

The exceptions listed are relate to breakout times and the grandfather clause

I'll asume this topic is directed towards me, seeing as though of the two unprepared cars, I was the only one without a steel roof. As I understand , and as Walter and Don agreed the first time I teched the car at Okemo II, the Factory Roll Bars, that are 38 mm in diameter and secured to the rigid center tunnel and outside frame rail, are acceptable as both roll bars and roll over protection. The front pillar which is reinforced with pipe sections, is mig welded to the chasis, both this and the Factory Rollbars support the weight of the vehicle. This information can be found in the Honda S2000 Technician's Information Guide. I will be driving a different car (with fixed steel roof) at Ascutney but I can gladly provide this information upon request. Why was this not an issue when the kid drove the white S2k at Ascutney I , he didn't even have arm restraints.
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Chris.

This topic was started by Car47's question in the first post of this thread regarding convertibles (2 pages worth of discussion). It seems that an important part of our rules was accidentally deleted. We just need to go through the administrative process of boozing and bribing to get it corrected.

The missing language is:
E. Collision Protection
1. Roll bar required in all cars without a steel roof or factory roll protection
So, this isn't directed towards you by any means. Car47 raised the question a while ago, and someone with SCCNH raised it the other day via the old mailing list.

Steve
honda#72

Post by honda#72 »

Ok , because I read up and tried to play by the rules. I do plan on running the car again as is at a few more events, but a cage is coming. I just wanted to make sure I could run it after I am done running the prelude, but before the cage, as long as I didn't break out. The whole convertable thing is unclear, but I'm sure it will be clarified. thanks Chris.
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Dave is bringing this up on the old NEHA e-mail list.

Kevin... what happened to the correction? (did I receive it and not post it?) I know (IIRC) SCCV approved it; unsure about the other clubs.

You expect me to remember back that far? :shock:

I did send you updated rules back in April (not that I remember but I found the email) and as far as I can recall KSCC voted to accept the change. And as was said before this wasn't really a change as much at it was fixing a previous mistake.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

So, it seems that SCCNH is up at bat. No, I don't really except you to remember beyond last Saturday (I have low expectations based on my memory capabilities). What was I talking about? Oh, yeah... so who did you send it to at SCCNH?
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I did send it to SCCNH and I got a response back saying they were "happy" with the change. Not sure if they voted on it but that's probably good enough for what is really just correcting an editing mistake.