IMPORTANT BURKE INFO!!! Updated-6-4-15

sdwarf36

Re: IMPORTANT BURKE INFO!!! Updated-6-4-15

Post by sdwarf36 »

A few last minute notes:
The detour-we all got that-right? The gas station on 114 at the bottom of Mountian Rd. Is on the wrong side of the bridge-you need gas you have to go to Lyndonville. And speaking of Lyndonville,Main St. (Rt.5) is under construction and all torn up. Any trip downtown will take a bunch of time. So as Butch suggested-your best bet if coming up rt91 is get off exit 24 (rt 122) and head south (east?) towards Lyndonville. It ends up right at the intersection of rt5+114. (Lynburke hotel). It only adds a couple of miles to the trip.
The weather is looking awesome-if a bit cool. Bring an extra blanket-and turbo guys-crank up the fuel!
The upper parking lot will have some equipment + workers cars in it. If you're just dropping a trailer, park towards the back of the lot + snuggle them up. Save room for anyone setting up with campers. (at least Butch + Froggie).
Due to us only being able to get THIS weekend, a few of the regular hard working crew won't be there-and their understudies will be taking their place.
The part of MIchele will be played by Vanessa. Reg will still be at my bus in site 3.
Filling in for Don + Walter the tech crew will be John Hart and Evan-at the usual lean-to.
The role of Walter (yes-hes so importiant that it take 2 people to fill his shoes!) the wiring whiz will be covered by Paul Malko.
Thank you everyone for stepping up to make this event happen!
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Super1303
AntiSpam: No

Post by Super1303 »

There's a class-4 road, Beldin Hill Rd., that will lead you to the other side of the bridge right at the entrance to the Pub Out Back.
If you zoom in on the map, I used Google maps, you'll see it. It takes you from 114 to Mt. Hunger Rd./Maple Ln. or the other way around.
They cleared the road and it is passable.
Hello, my name is Evan and I'm a Volksaholic.
1973 Super Beetle, #666
Butch#178

Post by Butch#178 »

Evan you are right but it is very small for a truck and trailer..... When I was by there the other day a few cars went down it and the brush was almost hitting them
Super1303

Post by Super1303 »

Butch#178 wrote:Evan you are right but it is very small for a truck and trailer..... When I was by there the other day a few cars went down it and the brush was almost hitting them
I under stand that and it wasn't meant to represent an alternative route too the mountain, sorry if it came off that way.
It was more like an alternative way to the gas station or Public House, what used to be Pub Out Back.
I just had a friend tell me about it that morning so I figured I share the info.
Hello, my name is Evan and I'm a Volksaholic.
1973 Super Beetle, #666
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Ok- I'm up here now. Look for the signs for Ricks gun shop- the detour is there in the right. There are yellow signs"detour to Q Burke". About 2 miles of hard packed dirt-and a road so scenic ill be taking again just cuz.
Upper lot has less stuff in it than last year- but still ditch your trailer towards the back if you could please to leave room for campers.
A food suggestion-Everybuddys (formally valley view) at the intersection of rt5+ 114. Good food and way cheap. A menu from pizza to steaks to seafood. They also have a bar and outside deck. Did I mention it was cheap? ;)
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Thanks for the info Sherman... big help (assuming I remember the detour when I get in the area).

I hope to leave around 8:30-9:00 in the morning, head down to Claremont to get the Woo, and then make my way to Burke.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com