Volunteer!

Jonsonator
AntiSpam: No

Volunteer!

Post by Jonsonator »

Hey there everyone!

I'm new to this forum and the whole hillclimb thing in general. I guess all im asking is who do i have to email to volunteer for the okemo hillclimb on Aug 7-8. Do i have to be a member? I was at NEFR and decided this kinda stuff is for me. What do i need to do to hang out at these events, contribute to whats needed most and start learning about driving some of these things in the future?

thanks a bunch!

Jonathan
sachilles

Re: Volunteer!

Post by sachilles »

You just did it.
I'm sure the worker coordinator will speak up shortly, but the quick answer is show up for the worker meeting, which usually starts at 7am or so daily.
Things to bring:
Clothing for all weather situations, as you might see it all in a span of 20 minutes. Make sure to avoid red.
Some sort of camp chair to sit in.
Small cooler for snacks and water.
Bug spray
Sunblock.
Find the worker coordinator at the site, they'll have you sign the waiver and give you a wrist band. You get a free lunch, and tasty beverages when the hill is closed for the day. You'll also recieve a huge thanks from the drivers, as without you, they can't run. All will be willing to talk you ear off about what it takes to run a car or a more involved worker position.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Jonsonator
AntiSpam: No

Post by Jonsonator »

Sweetness, thanks! So essentially just show up at 7am on the 7th and i sign some stuff and they will put me where they need me. Sounds too easy to be true! Thanks a bunch

Also, as i am VERY limited on money and cannot leave until after work on friday night. is there a place i can pull in late at night like a field or something where i can just set up a tent next to my car and camp it?
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

Hi,

The worker coordinator for this event is Sharon Roof. You can email her at kensington88@ptd.net. It's always nice for her to know about as many workers prior to the event as possible so she can plan. She can answer any questions that you might have (tho Seth did give you a pretty complet run-down). We always need workers, welcome!!!

Michele
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
sharonroof

Post by sharonroof »

Hi Jonathan,

My name is Sharon Roof, and I will be coordinating the workers at Okemo 2. Thank you so much for volunteering. The info that Seth sent you was really great; he said it all. Come join our family!!!

My partner, Earl Hayes, Co-chairman of the event, said ok to park and tent in the pit area. No campfires, etc. We more or less park there for security reasons.

Thanks for your interest,
Sharon