A Mod Solo 1/Hill Climb Special

For Sale (FS), Want to Buy (WTB), or Free cars or car parts
bruzer666
AntiSpam: No

A Mod Solo 1/Hill Climb Special

Post by bruzer666 »

1964 Beach Mark 5 A-Mod Solo 1 and Hill climb Special Car FOR SALE.

Brief History- This car started it's life as a formula V in 1964. Serial No. is 16. The car was produced by Gene Beach a legend in early race car production. I have log books and very extensive documentation on this car and many Original Posters sent to me by Gene himself. Over the years and up to his death we talked on the phone at least once a month. I have owned the car for 9 years and have during that time auto-crossed it and have run with the Pennsylvania Hill Climb association. The current engine is a 2165cc built by Luke Wagner of Grantville Pa. I have added both front and rear wings which are a must for this set up. The car has won many auto-crosses over the years and won the S-2 Hill Climb championship for PHA in 2007, 2009, and 2010. Currently holds the S-2 Record at Polish Mountain. The car finished overall 4th out of over 200 cars in 2010. Consistently a top 5 or top 10 car. This car is a rocket and ready to go racing. I have the original Body Work and windshield. If someone wanted to restore the car it would take a few modifications to do so.

Spec's.- 2165cc air cooled engine with two cooling fans. Extreme amount of low end torque. One season on fresh
engine.
New fuel cell in 2008 4 Gallon
On board fire system
Custom sump by Taggart Performance Engineering
Gauges- New Auto Meter Tach, Oil Pressure, CHT, Oil Temp
New G-Force Pro Series Belts
4-13 inch Diamond Racing Wheels with 4-Hoosier R-25 Compound tires used one season.
Disc brakes on front, pads on rear
VW-4-speed short box trans with custom reverse lockout
High Torque Starter and one spare
Rain Light
Quick Release steering wheel
Custom Car Cover and wing cover
Oil Cooler
MSD rev Limiter

Spares- I have some spares coils, gasget sets, some new heads for a 1200cc, bearings,and many other misc items.

This car has been always kept in a climate controlled room and hauled in an enclosed trailer. The car has been maintained with the utmost of care over the years and it shows by the large amount of comments I receive by spectators and fellow drivers. Any Questions please feel free to contact me at mwilson219@comcast.net. I can send additional pictures on request.

The car will fit a large driver. I am 5' 11" 260 lbs and it fits me like a glove. The car has had an annual tech for the past 9 years issued by a registered SCCA official and meets or exceeds current GCR regulations.

PRICE $6900 Car must go ASAP.ImageImageImage
Last edited by bruzer666 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DennisRacing3

Re: A Mod Solo 1/Hill Climb Special

Post by DennisRacing3 »

Phinomenal looking race car.
bruzer666

Post by bruzer666 »

Thank you very much. I do hate to sell but have no choice. Once again thanks for the nice comment.
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

That's gorgeous. I don't suppose you'd be interested in a lightly used kidney? :lol:
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
bruzer666

Solo 1 and Hillclimb Special (Reduced)

Post by bruzer666 »

See earlier post. $6900 for immediate sale.