Another Newbie

rallyx900
AntiSpam: No

Another Newbie

Post by rallyx900 »

Hey,
I've been doing rallyx for the past couple years and am thinking about doing some hillclimb events. I'll most likely be running a 1991 saab 900 Turbo, completely stock with no cage. Based on 2000cc and 2750lbs for the car plus a .75 adjustment for the turbo, 4 valves per cylinder and the intercooler, I think the car would be at 1.27 and in Unprepared 4. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, are passengers allowed in cars? Any other advice would be great. I dont think I can make it to Mt. Ascutney, but hopefully I'll make it to Okemo.
Mopar 151

Re: Another Newbie

Post by Mopar 151 »

Good for you! I'll leave class issues to the class mavens, but as to the passenger thing - basically, with VERY few exceptions, passengers are not permitted on timed runs - but are permitted on familiraziation runs.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Yup, U4. Even if that is also a twin cam you are still below 1.55 at 1.309
The older I get the better I was.
CANDALMAN

Post by CANDALMAN »

I'm going to be running a 90 integra (with some suspension and no cage) and was wondering, around how close will I be to the "break out time" for MT. Ascutney?
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

If it is your first race I wouldn't worry about it. You get one break out as a freeby I think so you just have to go slower next time and get a cage.
CANDALMAN

Post by CANDALMAN »

I'm hoping the car isn't fast enoughto beat the break out time then I can drive as fast as I want. ( Within my own limits of course) :D
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

I have a really fast car but I have only done one weekend and I never got less then a 3:30 or so. Hoping to do better this time around.
CANDALMAN

Post by CANDALMAN »

Cool!! My car isn't fast so I should be good! When on Friday do people show up to help set up??