KILLINGTON ASCUTNEY?

Phillip
AntiSpam: No

Re: KILLINGTON ASCUTNEY?

Post by Phillip »

So this seems more like KSCC being angry with ittself than a full NEHA issue?

I'm not one for politics, but in this case, it might give me a more subjective viewpoint.

I can't really assume Victor or Earl meant any harm in what they did, because I don't know them. However I was there when Victor made the announcement at the banquet, and one does not look that excited when one is being intentionally malicious.

That aside, it seems like everyone would be in favor of being able to run the Ascutney long course, as it hasn't been done in years. Thats cool, and potentially loads of fun. The catch seems to be two-fold.

A) People are not interested in doing it without SCCNH's blessing.
B) KSCC membership is angry they weren't consulted, or brought into the loop, while the whole process was going on. Which as i'm reading is against your charter?

Both points seem totally valid to me. My question to KSCC members is this, are you more concerned with the sport or the politics? That is not meant as any kind of insult, I'm merely wondering if your anger (deserved anger) would prevent you guys from getting behind this? And would that change if SCCNH was to publicly get behind the event in support? I understand that each club has the prerogative to look over "their turf" first and foremost, but hey, more runs is more runs!

Being I'm not political in this particular group, i'd run it regardless, but I'm not interested in seeing other people mad and involved in something that we do for fun! It's not like we make massive salaries doing this, so as long as people are still smiling on the course, what can we do to get them smiling back home? Another event is awesome, but not at the expense of friendship or mutual respect.

So instead of saying "Ascutney isnt happening without our sayso" What can be done to make everyone happy so we can move on?

No offense by any of this, and if so i apologize.
Phill
-Phill
2005 Evo VIII: Garrett, Cosworth, InjectorDynamics, Vipec, Ralliart, ARP, Injen, ExtremeTurboSystems, Deutschworks, Kognition, OMP, Schroth
honda#72

Post by honda#72 »

I hope the politics and the animosity get smoothed out. I know everyone is sensitive to steping on each others toes, however from a drivers standpoint, a third Ascutney, especially on the long course would be awesome, as it is a great hill. Even if a third Ascutney doesn't happen due to political issues, would it be possible for the two clubs to cooperate with one another to do a long course in the spring? This may "make up" for the loss of one Burke event. I know there are wire and other logistical issues regarding the long course, but the spring would be the time to do it (longer days). Maybe KSCC, lending a helping hand with the long course in spring may smooth out some of the "turf" issues in the future (just a thought). I think we all just want to be at the top smiling! :D
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
VICTOR

Post by VICTOR »

From the creator of the problem !!!!! First it would have been a Killington 4 event , not an Ascutney 3 . Second all
the bad feedback to Earl should stop. I am the one responsable for letting the cat out off the bag. As our season closes
near and no definate on Burke 2 I was after Earl for maybe an Okemo 3 , which would have filled our schedule. Do to the time of year it was not possible. When Earl told me he could get a date at Ascutney on the same weekend as Burke 2 I was elated. Knowing all the problems it would create I thaught throw it out there when 75 % of the drivers were there
to see what would happen. I know it was not the right way to do it , but it was my fault and no one elses. I wish i could think of another reason for what I did but I still think of myself as a driver and driving is what we do. As of now I am trying to figure out a way to SMOOTH THIS ALL OVER. So for now please be kind to each other and I will take this to the next step .
Trying to do the right thing.
jkale

Post by jkale »

I will volunteer to help out any way needed so that Ascutney can be the Burke 2 substitute..

A Killington run Ascutney... cant get much better than that!!
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
VICTOR

Post by VICTOR »

Joey the intent is not to be better or worse. The intent is to have 4 Killington events. That is my only reason.
Number_5

Post by Number_5 »

2ND Endorsement.
John marsha
A man must learn to understand the motives of human beings, their illusions, and their sufferings.
Albert
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Funny how it's always just politics when people are talking about the view point they don't agree with. :roll: Racing is run by clubs. Clubs are run by politics because they are run by majority rule. No one including me likes this system but it's better than any of the alternatives. You don't have to participate unless you want a say in how things are run.

SCCNH's acceptance is the primary issue and always has been. The best chance for having this event is convincing SCCNH to approve it at their March 11th meeting.

The issue of it not being brought up at a KSCC meeting is secondary and fixable. If SCCNH approves then I doubt there will be any problem getting KSCC members to approve at the next meeting. Some people will still be angry but if SCCNH approves it will pass. At the meeting Earl and Victor can say they didn't mean any harm and we can all move on.

If SCCNH doesn't approve things are much more chaotic. There are many possible outcomes.
Dave Patten

Post by Dave Patten »

Let me pose the situation this way, if SCCNH already had the late August date, would KSCC want to take a mid September date? Is a 3rd Ascutney financially worth having when it is 3 weeks after the 2nd and held on a shorter course with a higher risk of bad weather?

IMO, whoever sanctions the 3rd Ascutney date will do it at financial risk. I honestly think it will be very hard to gain SCCNH support of a KSCC August Ascutney event when it makes SCCNH’s traditional Fall event that 3rd Ascutney date.

Just my thoughts.
Dave Patten
http://www.FutoFab.com
Dunbarton, NH
jkale

Post by jkale »

I didnt realize how much finincial competition there really is behind the scenes between the clubs..?

Is SCCNH really that concerned about losing money that they will not give KSCC their approval???

I guess being a "new" guy around here, Im not really sure where all of the territorial BS is originating from, but it doesnt make any sense...

This is a series. We need a 7th hillclimb. Bottom Line.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

It's more cooperation than competition - unless your'e one of those people who sees most relationships as advesarial. We NEED each other to do hills at all, 'cuz the "nut" for 1 event is very close to $5000, and a fair share of this is "Front Money", or damage bonds (not figured into the "nut") which take months to get back. A few entries either way means a BIG difference. :shock:
That 's why we try so hard to get along, and not stomp on each other's toes - because not getting along could financially tank the series - as could putting on uplanned, poorly considered events. Unplanned and poorly considered? AFIK, there is no wire that reaches the top of Ascutney, and the "phone man" has already bailed - Oh, did I mention that there are not enough phones in either club's stash to cover 10 checkpoints, start, finish, and a seperate "holding"? :cry:
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151