Philo 2011

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Philo 2011

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

New England Hillclimb Association (NEHA)
http://www.hillclimb.org

The Sports Car Club of Vermont (http://www.SCCV.org) is pleased to present the Mt. Philo hillclimb in Charlotte, Vermont on October 14-15-16, 2011

Registration is online: Motorsport Registration

Event information and the link to online registration is HERE. You do not need to complete the paper version of the entry form unless you are unable to register online via MotorsportsReg. (we will have driver waivers at the event). Make sure to read all the details in the entry/info packet (nothing has changed from 2010).

A typical Philo event is to have a lot more runs than the timing computer can handle as we are able to run a continuous loop up and down the hill; one year someone got close to 20. Since an event can only be successful because of the hard work and dedication of our workers, please bring friends, family, signification others, enemies, etc. to help staff this fun event.

Lunches are included in the entry fee and is free to workers. Lunch is provided by Dave again this year. (yum!) He also makes breakfast sandwiches, but this is not included in the entry; please make sure to make a donation to Dave if grabbing a breakfast sandwich.

Photos: http://vermontracing.com/1/index.php?al ... 2008_philo
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfQCAdcvdNc

We will try to put together another Saturday night tour... either RPM or VTsportscar (I haven't contacted either one yet) this year.

Questions should be directed to Steve at SCCVermont@aol.com or Nick at njwheelock@gmail.com

Camping for weekend:
Leanto $50
RV Spots $40
Campsite $40

The available campsites are listed on the SCCV forums (Direct Link to Philo event thread)

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
walterclark

Re: Philo 2011

Post by walterclark »

I was just on the phone with Don T. who was in Proctorsville VT (131) and looking for a way to drive from Claremont to Rutland, which is how he usually takes his van and the wrecker to Philo. After trying several ways he called me to see if I saw something on the map he hadnt already tried and found closed somewhere. I may have found a way by taking 11 from 91/5 into Springfield then 10 to 103 into Ludlow. He hadnt tried that particular route, but I think he decided the old Maine saying "You cant get there from here" applies to much of central Vt. So it looks like he will be doing what I do most of the time...89 to South Burlington and south on 7 to Philo. Others coming from the South and East might keep this in mind. Roads in this area arent back to normal by a good margin yet and may still not be by the time of Philo, so your favorite shortcut might not be passable.

Speaking of the effects of Irene...I am supposed to be in a house in Avon NC for a week as of today. However Hatteras Island is still cut in half north of Avon and the only way on and off the southern half of the island is via the ferries that run to Ocracoke. These ferries normally only carry a few people that then go on to Hatteras (via another ferry) and so are overwhelmed by being the only access for non-residents. Getting to and riding the ferry adds about 6 hours to our usual 14 hour trip, and being there on time is critical so we would need to pad our depature to allow for about anything unforseen. But, I was not able to get a ferry reservation anywhere close to our arrival and departure dates, so we arent going. Not only that, but the realtor advised us to bring groceries...
The older I get the better I was.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

This website has a more up to date listing of the roads than the DOT website.

http://crisislanding.appspot.com/?crisi ... ng_vermont

Even though many of the roads may be open, consider that it might not be a pleasant experience towing a trailer on some of these repaired roads, nor a lot of fun in a lowered car.
However the I89 route to route 7 south is not affected.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

Online registration works. Although the entry list looks pretty weak.
Brian
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Reg just opened this weekend.
<-----Just registered. Plan on keeping the rubber side down this time.
Sachilles
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I can also voucher for Rt 7 for as far south at Bennington VT being in decent shape. There is one detour just south of Rutland, but would be fine even towing a trailer.
If you are coming in from the West via Route 4, then north on 22a, you shouldn't encounter any problems either.
Sachilles
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Updated first post.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I of course want an RV spot at the top. I like the picture! Is that the dash plaque?
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

I like the picture too. Kev-when did you get the blue gloves+ firesuit? :lol:
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
BugEyeRex

Post by BugEyeRex »

Sherman-I would not have noticed if you did'nt mention it! :D
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)