Philo 2011

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: Philo 2011

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

KevinGale wrote:I of course want an RV spot at the top. I like the picture! Is that the dash plaque?
Already put you on the list... and yes, that is the dash plaque. I figure that is worth at least 2 seconds for me....
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

A picture is worth a thousand seconds, oh wait that was words. I'll have to look up that conversion factor. :geek:
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

so which picture made the dash plaque? The 1st one you had up (where Kevin was sitting really hi in the seat with blue gloves on) or the curent one? If its the 1st--I'm betting it aint gonna help your time. 8-)
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

The second image (the one currently displayed), I was contacted by the Coalition for the Improvement of Better Dash Plaques about the elongated driver issue and it was corrected.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Actually this one is the Stig. :D
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Well-it looks like there will be a new driver at FTD for the 1st time in 5?6? years. I won't be racing Philo this year. :cry: I have had the mechanical gods so angry at me, I make Steve look lucky. We hurt the motor in the bus on the way to Watkins Glen-its now a 7 cylinder. :cry:
On top of the race car still being broken -and a motor update in my street car thats turned into a greek tragedy (I'll give you the story over beers-you better bring two. :roll: )
This breaks a 10 year long steak for me-'cept for Ascutney, I haven't missed a hill going back to Philo 2001.
So you can give out our camper spot- we'll be up there to work, but by car. (hopefully a TD Jetta. :? )
I have 5 gallons of VP110/94 Sunoco mix-anybody need it?
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
4th2ndgendennis

Post by 4th2ndgendennis »

Will the bathrooms/showers still be open at Philo? If so, are there still some at the top of the hill, or just at the 1/2 way camping area?
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

sdwarf36 wrote:Well-it looks like there will be a new driver at FTD for the 1st time in 5?6? years. I won't be racing Philo this year. :cry: I have had the mechanical gods so angry at me, I make Steve look lucky. We hurt the motor in the bus on the way to Watkins Glen-its now a 7 cylinder. :cry:
On top of the race car still being broken -and a motor update in my street car thats turned into a greek tragedy (I'll give you the story over beers-you better bring two. :roll: )
This breaks a 10 year long steak for me-'cept for Ascutney, I haven't missed a hill going back to Philo 2001.
So you can give out our camper spot- we'll be up there to work, but by car. (hopefully a TD Jetta. :? )
I have 5 gallons of VP110/94 Sunoco mix-anybody need it?
Sorry to hear that. Michele had told me that you were having bad mechanical karma on an epic scale!
vtgti

Post by vtgti »

Please volunteer to help as a corner worker!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=657
1982 BMW 320i
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

4th2ndgendennis wrote:Will the bathrooms/showers still be open at Philo? If so, are there still some at the top of the hill, or just at the 1/2 way camping area?

Not sure about what is at the top. However the bathrooms and showers at the camping area have always been open for our race...really, really cold (except the hot water in the shower), but open.
The older I get the better I was.