Philo 2011

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: Philo 2011

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Philo 2011 results are posted along with the King of the Hill and Championship results for the year... congratulations to everyone for a great season. Kevin... great year!!!!

Chairs were Nick (STI Nick / drove the #832 Subaru) and Steve (Rabbit Farmer / drove the #702 Daewoooooo); they were also two of the three "Controls" that we had this weekend. Andy (unsure if he is on the forums; #114 Daewoo) also did Control. We had three people doing Control because we were all driving. Unsure how many other hillclimbs do that many switches on control over the weekend. :D

Many of the people that helped setting up the hill, working checkpoints, worker coordinator, registration, etc. are on here. Thank you to EVERYONE that helped with the event!

Weather on Sunday was pretty good... Saturday was at least better than last year (silver lining).

Lots of video that I need to go through... hoping some people got pictures this weekend.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

Definitely a big thanks to all involved with making this event happen! Thanks a lot for a great event.

Also, thanks to all of you that were so generous with helping to get my car up and running. I can't thank you all enough...I had a frustrating week getting the car ready to race after completing the tdi swap, then having it die on the trailer at the hill was pretty frustrating...but so many people came up offering help. This is one of the many reasons why this race series is so appealing, the people at the hills are awesome. From lending a hand, to lending tools, to just helping to keep me from burning my car to the ground out of frustration. Just a great group of people.
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

dsldubn wrote:... just helping to keep me from burning my car to the ground out of frustration. ...
Lol! Been there. There have been days that if someone handed me a container of gas and a match at the right time I might have done it. :lol:
Marty_E

Post by Marty_E »

dsldubn wrote: This is one of the many reasons why this race series is so appealing, the people at the hills are awesome. From lending a hand, to lending tools, to just helping to keep me from burning my car to the ground out of frustration. Just a great group of people.
I completely agree, and also must thank everyone who helped get the miata drive-able again, absolutely great people...i believe we had other people's tools, people helping and people calling OTHER people to get parts all at the same time! Can't say how helpful it was to get that thing home.
honda#72

Post by honda#72 »

Big thanks to the organizers, chairs, controls, and the workers who braved the elements, and to Clark's family for the awesome hot food at the top of a cold mountain. I was on the fence about making this one, but once again I am glad I went. Had a great time and enjoyed seeing everyone.
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
Dave Burden

Post by Dave Burden »

A little late, but thanks as well to all the people who made Philo happen this year. I'd also like to extend gratitude to the Dennis brothers and Kevin Gale for allowing us to use their tools so we could change a tie rod on the '84 diesel Rabbit. Sam had a great time at her first hillclimb as a driver. She chopped seconds off each run up the hill and got down to a 1:47 with 52hp. I ran my first hillclimb at Philo back in '83(?) with my '78 diesel Rabbit and seem to remember turning a 1:45 so her time is very good.

Her fastest run is even more remarkable given that the diesel ate something going over the bump just before finish and lost what power it had those last yards before tripping the light. We still haven't figured out what is wrong.

Also thanks to those who offered to help with housing the Rabbit and getting Sam back to college since we were down 1 car after the event.

Dave, Diane and Sam
Dave Burden

Post by Dave Burden »

Great news on the diesel! John (fastaddiction.com) found that the cam jumped one tooth (advanced) and the injector pump jumped two teeth the other way. It's all re-timed and appears to run better than it did before. Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Dave
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Dave Burden wrote:Great news on the diesel! John (fastaddiction.com) found that the cam jumped one tooth (advanced) and the injector pump jumped two teeth the other way. It's all re-timed and appears to run better than it did before. Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Dave

Glad it wasnt anything major.
Nick