Hans and harness size

honda#72
AntiSpam: No

Re: Hans and harness size

Post by honda#72 »

Thanks for the tips gentlemen.
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

The HANS comes with instructions and all the tools needed (minus the drill). I have to drill into mine this week. Eeekk!
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

so now is the time to have to buy a new harness. What are the recommendations considering price and legal length of service. I got to buy some, the only other issue is I use the HANS for hillclimb but no HANS when I am autocrossing so maybe a 3" is still a better choice?
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I think some people that hillclimb with NEHA are using 3" shoulders with a HANS. I have 2" (6 pt FIA with camlock) that I am pleased with. Expensive where I had to purchase it (at the track).

You might get more bang for buck out of an FIA harness.

If the 2" is required for a HANS (I am not sure) then get it. If not wearing the HANS, then install the shoulder pads (I would personally get the pads with the 2" or 3" if no HANS).

I can't get any recommendation on brand... I have used Simpson and G-Force in the past... I do not see any difference.

www.saferacer.com has free shipping with purchase over $99. They had good prices on HANS in the past.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

The 3" harness is approved for use with the Hans. The 2" "Hans Only" approved is better because the shoulder strap sits more neatly in the Hans channels than the 3".

If you want or need to go both with and without the Hans at different times, then the 3" is the way to go.

By the way 2" FIA lap belts are finding their way into the market. I have this as part of my "Hans Only" Schroth and find them more comfortable.
The older I get the better I was.
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

FWIW, I wore a Hans using 3" belts at a rally this month, and I felt like I could not get them tight enough. I've never used one with 2" belts, but I would assume that if the Hans is made for 2" belts, they might stay tighter than the 3" belts. But I really don't like to move around in the seat at all, so it could just be me
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports