BURKE 2012!

kindabratty328

Re: BURKE 2012!

Post by kindabratty328 »

No worries. Just bring it with you on Friday. Have you all figured out what you are doing for the weekend... camping or did you end up getting a condo or hotel?
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
jkale

Post by jkale »

Pascal wrote:Michele, I haven't sent my registration. :oops: Do you foresee running out of spots? I could send it out tomorrow, or would it be ok to just plan on signing up friday when I get there?

Thanks,
Pascal
Im in the same boat..how many registered?
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

PIZZA PARTY!!!! Just to let everyone know, we will be having pizza for all following the closing of the hill on Saturday. We'll be done in time for everyone to enjoy the sunset cruise :D

See you on the hill.
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Had great time. Was exhausted!!! I have about 500 pictures from CP5 on Sat and CP6 on Sun.... and that was after deleting all the bad ones based on the little screen on the back of the camera.

Smokey... great job on Control. You sounded like you were getting tired towards the end... I know I was (and was able to take a quick nap between run groups while Julie ran the show) and I didn't have to do half the work you did.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I'll second the great event call! Even after my car broke on Sat I still had a great time. The weather was beyond wonderful and everyone managed to keep their cars pretty much on the road.

And congrats to Sherm for FTD! I know he worked for it trying to fight a steering shimmy that suddenly showed up.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Thank you everyone. Indeed a great weekend.
Yes, great job at control Smokey.
Whomever was in charge of weather this weekend, please make sure to order the same weather for the next event please.

I'm thinking about adding a deer whistle to my car before the next event. Glad it was me that encountered the deer, as I'm unsure if some of the faster folks would have encountered Bambi a little quicker. Also seeing a porcupine on the bring down was a nice change of pace compared to the squirrels and chipmunks.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Oh, and whoever worked on the project to get the NEHA repeater going, so you can have real time updates on times from the top of the hill via your smart phone. That is super mega cool! Thank you!
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

That was Kevin's project at the top of the hill. I never actually saw it. Hopefully I will see it at Okemo.

And then there was the split time setup on the hill... that was pretty cool. I'm hoping to get copies of the Asutney and Burke splits so I can post them with the results.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
smokey15

Post by smokey15 »

Thank you Steve and Seth for the kind words. Steve, yes, I was tired at the end of the day and, somewhat frustrated at the simple errors that were occurring and not being able to respond as quickly as I wanted to. It was a great event. Kudos to Sherm, Michele, John Hart, Kelley Gale and Kevin and all the other individuals who helped. Most of all, on my part, thanks to all the corner workers for their vigilance and quick response to incidents that did occur. They made my job much easier. Hope to see everyone at Okemo.

PS Best dash placque I've seen in 42 years of hill climb participation.

Smokey
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

Great job to all. Smokey; as others said already, great job at control. The calmness on the radio goes a very long way.

Thanks to everyone involved in making the event happen. Much appreciated. Despite having car issues all weekend, I had a great time. The people at these events make them what they are. This is one of the best groups of folks in racing, by far.
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter