Philo 2012

sachilles

Re: Philo 2012

Post by sachilles »

Local forecast suggest 50% chance of rain, with rain likely post lunch time sunday with the morning being OK. Suppose to be clear from friday 11am to about noon on sunday. That's our internal company forecast, which we pay a service for. Not that they are any better than others. :lol:
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
4th2ndgendennis
AntiSpam: No

Post by 4th2ndgendennis »

Steve,

Am I safe in assuming walk-ins are OK for the event? I did not pre-register but decided to pull the Neon out of the back corner and come up after all.

-Allan D
BugEyeRex

Post by BugEyeRex »

Allan- walk ins are always excepted!
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

What Chris said.... everyone is welcome. Reminds me of a funny scene from Blazin' Saddles.

Also... If anyone needs anything, please PM Nick or me as we will not be checking the forums.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
BugEyeRex

Post by BugEyeRex »

Thanks everyone for coming out to the Mt Philo hill climb sponsored by Kale's Custom! I would also like to thank Long Trail, Otter Creek, Farrell distributing, and Baker distributing for donating the beverages for the weekend. A special thanks to all the workers who came out to volunteer in the cold and wet conditions. The drivers would never get a chance to drive without your generosity. I hope the drivers gave you enough entertain to make up for the weather. A big thanks to Nick and Steve for chairing the event. See you next year!
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Philo 2012 results AND the NEHA King of the Hill results are posted!

http://www.hillclimb.org/events/event_results.html

Thank you to everyone that came out and helped with this event!

Steve
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Congrats to Sherm on winning the King of the Hill championship again!
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I think Philo is 5,246 from Start to Finish. How do you have it in the timing computer (actual feet, but, it rounds to miles on the printed results)? I see on the results that it states 1.0 miles. A mile is 5,280. Assuming we measured everything correctly, this new information could change a few things.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:I think Philo is 5,246 from Start to Finish. How do you have it in the timing computer (actual feet, but, it rounds to miles on the printed results)? I see on the results that it states 1.0 miles. A mile is 5,280. Assuming we measured everything correctly, this new information could change a few things.
It is in the database as 1.01 miles based upon the average of readings that Jamie provided last year. On the results it only shows to the nearest tenth. Traditionally we called it 1.1 miles. So going down to 1.01 was a fairly big change. We actually updated all the hill lengths in the database last year. Your measurement comes out to 0.994 so we are talking about less then 2/100ths of a mile difference from the database and less 1/100th from the results. How did you get your length measurement. We are getting down to the point where the line you take makes a difference.
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Kevin we drove down the center of the road using the daewoo, and had one of the survey wheels that you roll on the ground. steve was hanging out the window with the roller. It kinda looked like one of those hold my beer watch this moments. :lol:
Nick