How old is NEHA?

Chief Geek
AntiSpam: No

How old is NEHA?

Post by Chief Geek »

Quick question. When was NEHA, or it's direct predicessor founded?

Just wondering. The best information I have is that John R told me Butch has been doing this since god was a child, but I don't really know how long ago that was.

Paul
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
KevinGale

Re: How old is NEHA?

Post by KevinGale »

Not that I was involved back then but NEHA came into exist in 1977. This is according to this quote on the hillclimb.org site under awards
http://www.hillclimb.org/awards/award_koh.html
We organized the NEHA over the winter of 1977, the kickoff meeting was at my house in Medfield, Mass. Jan and I bought the trophies for the first year and I believe the second year also. The trophy shown in the picture is the perpetual King of the Hill trophy to be held for a year by the current winner and passed on each year. We made sure that there was enough "base area" for name tags for 30-40 years (I think) for each year's winner. A second smaller award was given to the winner to keep." - Sim Shortman
\

Hillclimb events go back much farther than that but this is when the organization of clubs to create a series occurred.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: How old is NEHA?

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I think all three clubs that are currently NEHA were all started in the mid-50's.

I'm unsure if there were other clubs involved at one point or when each club became part of NEHA.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com