mini austin project

minirally
AntiSpam: No

mini austin project

Post by minirally »

Hello all of you, my name Andre Cauchon, from quebec city canada, i race car for about 32 years now, stock car,drag,solo,ice racing,road racing,canadian rally...for about two years i check hill climb, you seem to be a very nice group, and i want to take parts of some race with you. Since i,m involve in the preparation of a mini austin rear drive,toyota engine. i create a facebook page from the project i begin alone in december, it is my ex-rally car stored for about ten years....if some of you can tell me after seeing pictures, if you think i can have fun with you, be great if you can tell me and if you have advice for somethings i dont do right for you too.. thank you in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/MiniLaResurrection

ps. sorry for my poor english..but i try ;)
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared, Understeer is when the driver is scared
sdwarf36

Re: mini austin project

Post by sdwarf36 »

Welcome! The car looks good-you'll have a blast with us.
A couple of things I can see-we have some bumps in the road-a low solid spoiler might get taken off.
I'm sure you're loosing a bunch of power with those tiny air cleaners.
You'll be racing in the prepared class-so a cage will be required. One of our tech guys is on this board-a bunch of detailed pictures posted will give him a good idea of if it needs any work to be legal.

Come to one of our events this year before the car is done to check us out!
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
minirally

Post by minirally »

thanks sdwarf36 for reply, i prepared the car for road racing this summer.....but so much cost involve,i change my mind and want to play with you ;)
the complete roll cage is a rally one approved by CARS with the sticker and log book, do you think it is ok for hill climb? thanks for advice with the front bumper...things like that i want to hear because never see your race...only on youtube. i go to new england each year, because i love the region.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared, Understeer is when the driver is scared
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Your English is much better than our French. Welcome!

Love the old Minis... alway have since the original Italian Job!

As Sherman (sdwarf36) mention... come on down and visit the events. Work a checkpoint. Hang out and get to know the people.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Drgrumpus

Post by Drgrumpus »

Hey, that looks like a fun project. A 4AGE 20V, right? That car should run in Prepared 4 (race prepared cars 1600c and under).

I run a '72 MG Midget with 4AGE 16V.

Mike French (and I don't speak a word of it)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I'd love to see the mini at the hills.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
minirally

Post by minirally »

thanks all. i worked hard next week end,and if i think i can be right, i register for the first event . is the camping at the site can accomodate a 34 feets camper with a 21 feet trailer or i have to search another place? i ask here, because my englisch speaking not very good. Yes Drgrumpus, it is a 20 valves black top, stock, chromoly flywheel,race clutch, TRD close ratio, 4,30 rear end, quick steering 2:1.... if i cant drive, i try to go helping to see you all with my girlfriend
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I'm sure the camper and trailer would fit... unsure if connected together.

Park Entrance is in the center at the bottom of the image.

Most of the people are on the left side of the image. Where you see Beech, Oak, and Maple, that is where the largest open piece of grass is located. Big enough to park anything, but I would suggest speaking with the organizers about that space as they put some of their support vehicles there. I'm sure there is room.

What I don't know is what kinda of space is available on the right side of the image....
(click on image to make bigger)

Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

I camped at site 10 last year, right side is far narrower than the left. I would not attempt to drive down there with that long of a vehicle. Turning around would be very hard.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
Mopar 151w2

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

If the V for Voulunteer site is available (next to the bathroom), it'll definitely fit there. I've seen some long motorhomes/trailers backed in to sites on the bottom side of the "loop" (35, 37, 39)- might have to unload the car first, and/or uncouple the trailer.