Need workers?

sdwarf36

Re: Need workers?

Post by sdwarf36 »

I have never seen it checked-but according to the paperwork when you go to a VT state park with your dog, you are supposed to have its rabies shot proof with you.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
STI NICK
AntiSpam: No

Post by STI NICK »

sdwarf36 wrote:I have never seen it checked-but according to the paperwork when you go to a VT state park with your dog, you are supposed to have its rabies shot proof with you.

They actually dont require it anymore. We asked the last time I brought my dogs and they said its not required anymore.
Nick
Hypoid

Post by Hypoid »

Has the worker coordinator been identified?

I would like to volunteer. I tried to last season but couldn't pull it together. I can sign a waiver, dress for the weather without red or yellow, bring a chair, snacks, and bug spray.

Cheers
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Just show up.... volunteers make these events possible!

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
PRODOG

Post by PRODOG »

Good Day ---

As has been stated; Volunteers make these events happen so any/all are welcome. The guidelines give a great overview of what is entailed so reading them is recommended. Every volunteer will get lunch, dash plaque, t/shirt, many thanks and an open invitation to the festivities at Oak Lean-to where there will be a "keg o beer" (at least Saturday) for those of satisfactory age at the end of the day.

The worker coordinator functions will be handled by me until I find someone to "volunteer" for this exhalted position. Don is going to handle the drivers meetings, I'll handle the workers meetings. The goal will be to have the workers meeting start at 715 AM and dispatch people to their checkpoints by 8AM both days. We will be meeting at the bottom of the road by the gate. We will have all necessary credentials and waivers at that meeting so with the exception of bathroom facilities we should be able to handle your needs right there. 80% of the checkpoints can accomodate a vehicle or 2 so if you want to drive to your checkpoint and park your car there we can likely make that happen, otherwise we will be running a shuttle up the hill with workers at 8 (or sooner).

Dogs are allowed at the checkpoint as long as they are controlled/tied/leashed/caged/sedated/etc -- just like most drivers they are much better behaved when under someone's guidance! Just kidding, we love dogs, people, birds, chipmunks, and even drivers! :)

We need as many workers as possible given the fact we have 11 check points plus start and finish to staff. With the longer hill our getting an early start both days is imperative to getting in as many runs as possible so the meeting time will be important. Please be ready to begin at 715 AM.

Thanks ---

Drew Young
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Wow Drew-sounds like fun-can I please work? :)
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
PRODOG

Post by PRODOG »

You Bet you can!
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

I'm not going to be racing this weekend, but think I can get away for a day...so will be trying to get there for worker duty on Saturday.
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter