Ascutney 2009

CANDALMAN
AntiSpam: No

Re: Ascutney 2009

Post by CANDALMAN »

I need to set my camber and toe. To bad my buddy is working for the Patron MX-5 pro-cup team and won't have time to set my car up. :x I can't seem to get the back end of the car to rotate for me.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

My list starts with repaving Ascutney. :)
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

I am trying to figure out how to pay for the stupid nitrogen tank rental to fill the shocks so I can do the ride height, camber and toe. stupid economy for not letting me have tons of excess cash to race, yeah the economy thats the ticket.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Look for a motorcycle shop that deals with dirt bikes. They do nitrogen for they're shocks all the time.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I think that I am finally ready for Ascutney....

New tires mounted, new fuel filter, new brakes, new outer CV joint boots (both sides... 3 hours on one side [post-1980 design CV joint), 20 minutes on the other [1980 and prior design]), etc.

I thought I had a real problem with the tires... they were almost against the front springs. Then I noticed that two of the rims had 1/2 more back spacing so they seem to work. Got lucky in that I used two 6" and two 6.5" offsets.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:I think that I am finally ready for Ascutney....

New tires mounted, new fuel filter, new brakes, new outer CV joint boots (both sides... 3 hours on one side [post-1980 design CV joint), 20 minutes on the other [1980 and prior design]), etc.

I thought I had a real problem with the tires... they were almost against the front springs. Then I noticed that two of the rims had 1/2 more back spacing so they seem to work. Got lucky in that I used two 6" and two 6.5" offsets.

Steve
Glad it all worked out.

I have to mount the fire extinguisher, and camera mount and I should be good to go.
Nick
BugEyeRex

Post by BugEyeRex »

Grrrrrrr. :x I am still waiting for my seat for the new car. I'll start prepping the wagon for plan b.
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
jkale

Post by jkale »

BugEyeRex wrote:Grrrrrrr. :x I am still waiting for my seat for the new car. I'll start prepping the wagon for plan b.
That is some BS. You should have James call the company who sent the seat.. he handles people like that very well... :evil:
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Rex and Joey:
Sadly, this is typical of suppliers who are focused on street cars. They just don't seem to get that RACE DAY DOES'NT MOVE. :evil: :evil: :evil:
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
CANDALMAN

Post by CANDALMAN »

:D I got my alinement done!! :D I had to go to CT. so my buddy could set the car on the scales and do the alinement. We also mounted my fire extinguisher. The only thing thats sucks is I left there about 3:30 this morning and now I have to go to work. :x and I can't call in because I'm doing that on friday so I can get up to the mountain early.