2009: OKEMO 1 Entry form and Information

KevinGale

Re: 2009: OKEMO 1 Entry form and Information

Post by KevinGale »

sdwarf36 wrote: Club meeting cuting number of entries to 55 because we could never get 3 runs in with 60 cars.
Of course the very next day we set a new record and got 4 runs with 60 entries. :o We'll have to watch this, but we may want to bump up the 55 to 60. Also the chair always has the power to override this and often does if the field is full and just a couple more people show up. I think the goal is to always get at least three runs but the more the better.
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

We have had this discussion many times. i thought we had decided that 60 was the limit for burke (even though we have run as many as i think 70 at burke) and 65 at Okemo. These numbers based on Kevin's statistics and maybe Mike Wilson's from some time ago. This would allow min 3 runs per day.

Also...with the lack of wire issues (thank you Walter) we should be able to get 4 per day.
Brian
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

sdwarf36 wrote: Epic battle pt2: P4 was settled by a total 1.3 seconds for all 3 entries. The win going to Earl.
Earl just saves it for the end doesn't he. He seems to beat me right after I set a time that I think will win. I wasn't feeling so bad about the motor since I thought I may have pulled out a victory, not a bad trade off. but losing and blowing up the motor is harsh. I will be back next year (unfortunetly I will also be hitting the wedding circuit for the next Okemo and my 1 year anniversary is the same weekend as Ascutney II) with a lighter car with more power.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

sdwarf36 wrote: Epic battle pt2: P4 was settled by a total 1.3 seconds for all 3 entries. The win going to Earl.
Question, not that it affect me, but the classification description for P4 says:

"PREPARED 4 – Cars with a displacement of 1600cc and less."

Is everyone running 1.6L motors?
The older I get the better I was.
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

I don't think so, Rob and I have 1.8 and earl has 2.0 I believe. but my 1.8 may be toast so I will be building my "supervee" 1.6 engines since I have a couple of the big valve carbeurated heads. I wanted to learn how to drive before I worried about power, I am sure the 1.8 I was running is down at least 20-30 HP from the supervee 1.6.
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Walter - they are all receiving the displacement factors ("discounts")for stock tub& suspension points (12%), and/or DOT tires in Prepared (12%) :ugeek:
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Mopar 151 wrote:Walter - they are all receiving the displacement factors ("discounts")for stock tub& suspension points (12%), and/or DOT tires in Prepared (12%) :ugeek:
Ahha :idea: Thanks John.

So that would be the meaning of: "Cars configured for production class racing"
The older I get the better I was.
airsweden
AntiSpam: No

Post by airsweden »

Hey everybody, Thanks for a good time last weekend, nice to have kept it on the ground. Sunday results posted anywhere?

Josh Teresco
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Results will be posted on the website tonight sometime.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Results are now posted on the Okemo results page.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com