Troyer Mod for sale - cheap and local

For Sale (FS), Want to Buy (WTB), or Free cars or car parts
sachilles

Re: Troyer Mod for sale - cheap and local

Post by sachilles »

Mod damn! is my suggestion for the name. I may come up with others, but that one speaks to me for you.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Then my favorite for anyone running hoosiers is "hoosier daddy".
Sachilles
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Theres a couple that race down in PA-they co-drive a late model Camaro. They've both taken turns wadding the thing up-hers at Pagoda did it in. they have a new Camaro now-lettered on the rear window "Robinson tree removal service." :lol:
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Chief Geek
AntiSpam: No

Post by Chief Geek »

Shenglehoffer wrote:13b-REW 388.4lbs
That's with flywheel and turbos.
Wow. Either the turbo system is really heavy or I was even more-stupid-er when I was 17 than I thought.
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
Shenglehoffer

Post by Shenglehoffer »

Chief Geek wrote:
Shenglehoffer wrote:13b-REW 388.4lbs
That's with flywheel and turbos.
Wow. Either the turbo system is really heavy or I was even more-stupid-er when I was 17 than I thought.
I guess the 13b non turbo short block is 154lbs.

I'm thinking of calling it the WMD (woods modified) but it'll need to be said in your best George dubulya voice... Every time.
Erik Saunders
Troyer mod (needs a better name)
Death Mod (RIP)
Shenglehöffer E30 (RIP)
Shenglehoffer

Post by Shenglehoffer »

A little before and after. Not all decals are created equal, it's gonna need some panels replaced because the screen printed vinyl is literally impossible to take off. That's what Pat Murphy is for!

All in all, it's pretty darn nice, this is a new leaf for me, and I like it. The plan is to take a lot of the bits off and have them powder coated a nice subtle color of my liking... I'm also ditching the nerf bars, if someone rubs me on a hill, they are doing it wrong. It's about 80-100lbs of overhanging weight. I'll have to put them back for road course stuff, but it's easy to swap.

It came with lead in it, if anyone wants some, it's free. If not, I'll just stash it in Kevin's car.

Also a fun fact, it has safety ropes around the front spindles, to keep them with the chassis in a wreck. Apparently they fly into the stands and kill people, who woulda thunk. I'm gonna keep them, worst case is Don doesn't have to go as far into the woods to pick up my parts =)

That's all for now

Erik Saunders
Troyer mod (needs a better name)
Death Mod (RIP)
Shenglehöffer E30 (RIP)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Nerf bars do keep the trees a little farther away from you during an agricultural expedition.
Sachilles
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

And it does look rather bad ass.
I think you should move this to the project section.

By the way, Andrew approves of your purchase. He thinks it suits you better than an RX7.
Sachilles
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

sachilles wrote:Nerf bars do keep the trees a little farther away from you during an agricultural expedition.
That is why I haven't removed mine. Hate the weight but I try to think of them as safety devices. I've considered at times removing the nerf bars and both the front and rear bumpers but I never quite remove them.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Dumbest thing in the world would be to pull the nerfs off. Have you watched Roys video to see how much force can be exerted if you go completely sideways into a tree? I sure would rather have 2ft between me + a tree vs. 1.75" + the side of an aluminum seat. And even if you can't picture a worse case scenario like that, the common case of drift off the side of the road and a glancing scrape off a tree would take some paint off a nerf-or it could RIP the exposed wide wheel off the car-if you're lucky it will just break the rear-instead of getting jammed back into the fuel cell. :?
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.