OKEMO II - Kinda quiet

walterclark

OKEMO II - Kinda quiet

Post by walterclark »

After all the chatter leading up to OKEMO I, the forum is ghostly silent leading up tp this one. Same folks coming?
The older I get the better I was.
sdwarf36

Re: OKEMO II - Kinda quiet

Post by sdwarf36 »

It aint so quiet at KSCC's mail recieving world headquaters ! :o 32 pre entries so far! :D
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I hope to be there. Golf doesn't have a transmission now and the Rabbit is missing a part. The part (fuel dist) should arrive at 7PM on Thursday. As long as that fixes the running issue, I will be there, otherwise, Burke. :cry:
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
HILLHO

Post by HILLHO »

Returning from PA. See you all there. Road-Trip!!
Fabio D'HillHo Vlacci
#911 MR2
http://www.HILLHO.com

Mid-Atlantic Hillclimb Info
http://www.pahillclimb.org
Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

I missed Okemo I, but I paid up for Okemo II.

I'm flying back from Albuquerque New Mexico and arriving in Boston at 5 PM Friday. Then need to pick up the car, pack, and drive. Probably get in around midnight. Unfortunately will miss the rookie hill session thing, but hope can catch up on Saturday morning (at least the fam run...).

Anyone out there wants to share a room? Or has a recommendation for cheapish place to stay? I could camp but putting up the tent at midnight is not so fun...

Not sure if my BMW is ready yet. If not, it's the other BMW, but without a cage again...

James
--
Jamie Melhuish
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

http://www.ludlowvillageinn.com/
60 bucks a night can't beat that with a stick, I can't go so someone else may as well use the cheap room
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Kiwi wrote:I missed Okemo I, but I paid up for Okemo II.

I'm flying back from Albuquerque New Mexico and arriving in Boston at 5 PM Friday. Then need to pick up the car, pack, and drive. Probably get in around midnight. Unfortunately will miss the rookie hill session thing, but hope can catch up on Saturday morning (at least the fam run...).

Anyone out there wants to share a room? Or has a recommendation for cheapish place to stay? I could camp but putting up the tent at midnight is not so fun...

Not sure if my BMW is ready yet. If not, it's the other BMW, but without a cage again...

James

Umm James-rookie orentation and fam runs are not things that you make if you get a chance-these are written into our rules and required before you are allowed up the hill. It is clearly spelled out in the entry form. Its not that we are trying keep anyone from racing--but we dont want you to discover turn 19 the hard way either. If there is call for it, I'll do a rookie run Sat AM--but it HAS to be done before 7am.
honda#72

Question about arm restraints

Post by honda#72 »

I plan on running, my S2000 with the soft top up, I bought fia arm restraints,because Don and Walter told me I needed them. Although the kid at Ascutney in the S2000 this spring did not have them.I have not mounted my corbeau racing seats from my Prelude because I told the old lady she could drive the silver s2000 on the street before it gets it's cage.my question is since they are meant latch into your harnesses, can I attach the arm restraints thru my 3 point stock belts, or wrap them around my waist to "secure" my arms to myself ?
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Hi Sherm,

my sincere apologies. I see your point, and while I wasn't trying to be cavalier with the rules, I did sound rude. I'm sorry. I did note on my entry form that I wouldn't be able to attend the Friday rookie session, expecting some feedback from the organizers if this was a problem.

I can make the hill for a rookie run before 7 AM Saturday if that is acceptable to the organizers. Or I can withdraw from the event if the organizers cannot do a Saturday rookie run. Either is acceptable to me, though I would like to know before I drive up!

Rules are important, but sometimes flexibility needs to be written into the rules. For some rules, the event organizer might be given override authority or something. If Sebastian Loeb entered but missed the Friday rookie session, what would the organizers do?

Anyway, thanks for listening. If I don't make it this year, I'll be a rookie next year! ;-)

James
--
Jamie Melhuish
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

James-Sat morning is fine-there is usually someone who cant make Fri nite.
There is a fair amount of flexiblity in the rules as the chair sees fit-but cutting corners on a safety rule isn't one area with alot of give. We've also found its a good time saver by having rookies know all the details about where holding is-how to stage etc. Also Okemo as a hill runs a fair amount faster than Burke-there is plenty on course you really want to see at slow speed.