How are those results?

Kiwi
AntiSpam: No

How are those results?

Post by Kiwi »

Hi all,

very excited to hear how Okemo II turned out. Looked like the weather might have held out for you; all dry down here in Boston.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make this year's Okemo hillclimb. A whole combination of things conspired to keep me from making it: four hours of sleep per night for three nights when out at a conference in New Mexico, a delayed plane back into Boston arriving at 7:30 PM Friday night, my white BMW is not finished from its cage job so I would need to use my (probably faster) uncaged E46 M3, and that car would need a fire extinguisher mounted (that night), possibly by going up to the garage to get the one from the white E36, and hope it fits..., and then pack for the trip, find a hotel, drive up and arrive probably later than midnight, then 5 hours sleep, then up for the rookie run offered by Sherman (thanks!), then get the car teched, and finally to the start line for the fam run. I was falling asleep that night I came home from New Mexico, and the thought of falling asleep while driving up to Vermont didn't appeal either. And if I made it, I would be a sleepy driver, which I would have to combat with a bit of edginess to my driving, which I would rather not do. And did I mention I found that my entry had not been mailed in...

So best all round not to try to do too much in one week/weekend. I hope you had a superb time, and let's see those results on the web!

Thanks,
James Melhuish
(Kiwi)
Last edited by Kiwi on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Jamie Melhuish
Mopar 151

Re: How are those results?

Post by Mopar 151 »

Third try, from the Ogre of the Woods, in honor of our one minor stuff of the weekend

or this one...

too good to choose 1

I'll try to embed a different version here from indie heroes Fastball:

OK, what did I screw up? tried the shorter URL too. Embedding was disabled for the 2 top ones.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

John... I fixed it for you. Just paste in the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsVuipDxGxM (for example) without the extra stuff at the end that starts with the & symbol, and then highlight the link and then click on the 'youtube' button. This will put the tags before and after the link. Same is true with the formatting button... select and then use the button. Steve

I took a bunch of video at checkpoint 4. I think Joey ended up with FTD with a 2:12 with 124mph at CP4 (radar was at cp4)
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
jkale

Post by jkale »

Get that video up steve.. I cant wait to see it...

Anybody else take any video from any of the checkpoints?
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

How was the weather Sunday. We had rainy crap from noon on, about an hour north of Okemo.

Anybody find a pacifier on the ground? Andrew seemed to toss it at some point.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Beautiful Saturday, poured early Sunday morning. Cool and misty morning, drying and warming until the afternoon T-storm blew in at lunchtime.
Greasecar brought their Pugeot diesel Mini, and we had swarming Soobies beefing up the field to 52 (?) entries, including 6 RallyBikes. 8-) The Loft was open, and quite a few folks did the condo thing.
There was little time to get into any trouble ;) Victor and Earl had us up at 0:migawd, its early both days, and we moved cars! 4 runs Saturday, even with incedents (new folks, same crash sites...), and 2 complete Sunday motning before it rained. Everybody lent a hand, and it went great!
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

here is my one run from Sunday. Car problems prevented a second run, and then the weather pretty much killed any chances of afternoon runs. O well it was a great weekend still.

Here is my fastest run on Saturday. Not the best looking but it was faster.

Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Thanks to everyone who helped us get in 6 runs despite the weather on Sunday. Heres a video of my fastest run on saturday.

Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Get that video up steve.. I cant wait to see it...
Tim W. and I were watching the 52 clips of track side video that I have.... looked great on the (what used to be considered a) big screen TV. :mrgreen: I'll have them posted tonight. I'll make a separate motorcycle version.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Hello folks.
I got an email from Joe + Sandy Warner (BMW riders/wire crew/all around swell people) Thanking us for the weekend--and also a big pile of pics.

PRACTICE---http://picasaweb.google.com/iatruk/Okem ... irectlink#

RACEDAY--http://picasaweb.google.com/iatruk/Okem ... irectlink#
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.