Seats!

Mopar 151

Seats!

Post by Mopar 151 »

I have a Kirkey Intermediate Road Race :D (special ordered in Galoot) that I think is the bees knees. Smokey is very happy with his UltraShield clone of the Kirkey.

Kevin :geek: will be using a Lajoie full confinement this year - based on the design of the old Donahue Trans-Am seat.

I'm considering :idea: adding head supports and/or head net(s) - has anyone had direct experience with either of these :? ?
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: Seats!

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I haven't. I went with an FIA seat so that I didn't need to brace it since my wife drives it at track with me (seat is on sliders). I do wish I purchased a driver's seat with the halo to cover me better in side impacts.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

I used a head support when i ran the indoors circle track. It was more for fatigue than safety. It made getting in+ out of the car (via the roof) alot more of a PIA. And that was with only 1 of them. I mocked up having one on the left side also and it made it next to impossible to get out.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

So far I love the LaJoie but I really haven't used it much. :(

I get in an out through the side window and it isn't noticibly more difficult than with the old seat that didn't have any head supports. Of course the car has always been difficult to get into. If I don't do it right I get stuck halfway in. Getting out isn't that bad.