Next generation KSCC hill communications

sciroccohp

Re: Next generation KSCC hill communications

Post by sciroccohp »

Yeah energizer FTW! let me know what the battery usage is like and I can get a years worth of batterys for cheap.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Thanks. I expect at least a season from each of them and would suggest they be replaced each spring to prevent problems. The current draw is 5ma only while the PTT is pressed so most should go well beyond that. I will be setting up 12 sets during the season so 12 should do it. That reminds me, I used the last of my household 9V batteries for that one so I need to reorder...
The older I get the better I was.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

I think you should make the cover clear so everyone can see all your hard work!

Thanks Walter!
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Do-able with 1/16" Lexan.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

sdwarf36 wrote:I think you should make the cover clear so everyone can see all your hard work!

Thanks Walter!
Heck, that is why I posted the pics up here. :D Besides I dont want to cause a distraction on the hill... :lol:
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

It's almost enough to make me wish I was working instead of driving this year. :D

(Yeah I know I've said I was going to drive before but I have a brand new machined engine block sitting in the garage right now.)
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

KevinGale wrote:It's almost enough to make me wish I was working instead of driving this year. :D

(Yeah I know I've said I was going to drive before but I have a brand new machined engine block sitting in the garage right now.)
WOOWoowOO!! You go Kevin! It will be sweet to see your car going up the hill again. Now all we have to do is get John back on the hill (in a car, not the moped).
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Hook me up with a job that pays more than half a cheese sandwich a week. An employer who is not criminally insane would be a big plus. I would'nt mind if there were some tools or machines that had actually been purchased (I'd be OK with stolen) for doing the job, instead of being found abandoned on the property. By the way, anybody need a few tons of titanium bar stock, or 303 stainless? How about a few sleeper cabs?
On a different note, my HEI ignition testing machine should be up and running in a few days.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I hear you. I have all the work I want that is unpaid. I am lucky that Madeline has a skill that big business hasnt figured out how to outsource to India or China while we loan them billions to cover poor decisions. And I am lucky I am connected with a group that will let me apply some of what I have learned and to feel appreciated.
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

The worst part is seeing the incompetent finks who got us into this mess still drawin' a check. And listening to the bad politicans tell us it was all our fault. The real problem is concentration of wealth among the top 1% in income. I can expound on this for some time, but I think I;ll go clean the gararge. The "risk tax" on the banksters is an excellent idea. Didja know Wall Street bonuses this year will be 4x Haiti's GDP? Appalling....
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151