Next generation KSCC hill communications

DaveVT02S

Re: Next generation KSCC hill communications

Post by DaveVT02S »

Forgot to ask: would a small (1/4" or so) bend on the bottom to help stiffen the bottom edge 'panel' be OK w/ your set-up (i.e. as in not interfere w/ the batteries/electronics)? Thinkin' long term durability...
Dave P. - #189 (SCCV)
'02 MINI Cooper S+
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Not needed, but if it somehow makes it easier to fab it is OK. It needs to be the same or shorter than the side tabs and because of the shape of the ammo box corners, this tab need to be trimmed back something like the side tabs. Oh, not stated - the tabs all bend away from the drawing front view (shown) 90 degrees.
The older I get the better I was.
DaveVT02S

Post by DaveVT02S »

We'll (he'll) get one fabbed up and out to you...
Dave P. - #189 (SCCV)
'02 MINI Cooper S+
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I needed to make a minor revision to the cover drawing. It is located here: http://home.comcast.net/~walterclark1/t ... wing_C.jpg

The change just relocates 2 of the holes in the top edge 1/8" closer to the front. I had to change this when I finally got the Velcro that will hold the speaker box in place and found it is thicker than I expected.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

DaveVT02S wrote:We'll (he'll) get one fabbed up and out to you...
Anyone know Dave and what happened to him?

I sent a PM to him mid April to check on this but it hasnt been delivered because he has not visited the board since April 13.

This week I went ahead and hammered out a second panel so I can at least finish up the second box (that makes the Start and Finish boxes done) before we need to use the system at Burke. That will probably be it for this season.
STI NICK
AntiSpam: No

Post by STI NICK »

He is at SLMP with Steve Jones this weekend. I sent Steve a message to ask him about them.
Nick
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I spoke with Dave. The guy that was supposed to build them was in jail. I asked Dave to get with Nick as Dave said he had other options.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

This winter I began the expansion of the new headsets to all the checkpoints. They will all use the single earspeaker/boom mic headset I tried out last season. The mic output levels will be much higher in the new system (in the past this level was limited to what a carbon mic can produce) so it should be possible to have more volume in the headsets where desired and the start tone and background wire noise will, by comparison sound less intrusive than last year.

Thus far I have all the headsets and headset control/PTT boxes completed and tested. I am waiting on fabrication of the aluminum panels to build out the ammo boxes and finish this. I am hoping the person who promised these is making them.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Since I worked an entire season last year instead of driving, I got to experience the improvements with the KSCC setup. I loved it! Kudos and drinks all around (should I bring the 100 proof Captain?). :mrgreen:
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
lwheelock

Post by lwheelock »

walterclark wrote:and the start tone and background wire noise will, by comparison sound less intrusive than last year.
Thanks Walter!

Over in the SCCV forums we have a few more smiley options, if they had them here i would be adding both

:applause: smiley guy (4th from the end)
http://forums.sccv.org/posting.php?mode=smilies&f=49#

and the :VWkneel: (self explanatory)
http://forums.sccv.org/posting.php?mode ... start=200#

animation to this post.
Laura Wheelock