Cage bulders in Vermont area

Griswold

Cage bulders in Vermont area

Post by Griswold »

I'm working on turning a '73 BMW 2002 into a hillclimb, tarmac rally, etc. car. I'm not ready yet but will at some point need a cage builder. I don't have VT Sports Car money so who else builds cages that would ultimately meet both the NEHA, NASA and Rally America rules (FIA spec probably)? Thanks.
walterclark

Re: Cage bulders in Vermont area

Post by walterclark »

Joey Kale does nice work but I am not sure if he is familiar with the FIA App J Art 253 cage rules. That is how I would do a cage today because both RA and NASA RS accept a fabricated FIA cage.
The older I get the better I was.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

second vote for Joey.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Another endorsement for Joey. Our friend Charlie North, in East Wallingford, builds cages and does fabrication on the "fine art" level. Chris Howard, in the Worcester area, has done good cages for several folks in this series.
Walter Clark and Don Taylor do Tech for the eastern leg of the Rally America series (most of ours as well), and should be able to hook you up with a copy of the standard. Pay attention to our standard as well, especially as it pertains to preparing the car for cage installation.
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
jkale

Post by jkale »

Thanks guys.

Griswold: I would be more than willing to build a cage for you.. My website is currently down, so you cant get an idea of my work from that, but if you would like, I can send you some pictures of recent projects Ive taken on...or you could swing by my shop sometime.. Im only about 30 minutes from you. Let me know
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
STI NICK
AntiSpam: No

Post by STI NICK »

I would definitely recommend Joey to build a cage in for you. he does great work. He put a cage im my 04 STI last winter.

here are a few pics of the car and build.

Car Completed

I have a bunch more pictures i can show you if you would like. I think the only thing that is different is the Sparcos that are in it now.
Nick
Griswold

Post by Griswold »

Joey,
You seem to have a pretty good following and being as close as you are makes you a good option. I will PM you to get contact information. Thanks all.