2010 Ascutney dates

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: 2010 Ascutney dates

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I didn't realize that ascutney was so soon. Usually there is a fair amount of talk in all the others forums since I post the event details. I'm not near a real computer for quite a few days... Perhaps someone could post at sccv.vwvortex.vtrides.802crew.nesic.motorgeek.etc.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Dave Burden wrote:http://www.sccnh.org/SCCNH%20Rally%20Ca ... 0Rules.pdf

Basically you need a legal rally car and a rally licensed driver and co-driver. Log book required.

Dave
One correction and a couple suggestions.

The above rules were written for the SCCNH rally class at Ascutney. Now that RA is recognizing and awarding points for all the NEHA climbs as NE regional events, the technical rules and competing classes for cars are the same as all other RA events, including turbo inlet restrictors for AWD turbo cars.

RA does not specify tires for tarmac events so it is reasonable to allow the event organizers to specify tire regulations. Limiting the tires to those with DOT labels is reasonable however I would suggest we also permit tires meeting FIA tarmac requirements, including those homologated by the FIA since these are commonly used at other US tarmac events (e.g. Rally Tennessee and Rally New York) but they do not carry the DOT label. I have experience with this from Rally New York and am willing to judge tire legality. I know Joey was running the Michelin/BFG homologated tarmac rally tire on his rally car at RNY and if he runs the car at hillclimbs he may prefer to use them.

I have not seen anything other than event dates on the RA web site so it looks like the rules Dave pointed to at the SCCNH site are the best and most complete. Usually an event organizer is required to publish a few documents including "Supplemental Regulations" that detail event rules beyond those published by RA (or NASA RS). I have no idea if anything like this was mentioned to the NEHA event organizers by RA, but it seems like the clubs should put together something like a "Supps" for the rally part of the NEHA events since this question is being asked again and again.
The older I get the better I was.
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

crap do we do paypal yet? I don't know where my checkbook is and money is due soon!
Dave Burden

Post by Dave Burden »

On-line registration is not set up yet for the hillclimbs, but I'm checking to see if there is a way to use paypal.

Dave
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

online would be awesome for the future.

i'm planning to send in my entry tomorrow.
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
Dave Burden

Post by Dave Burden »

Should make it here without a problem. Last year we had on-line reg but they changed servers and it hasn't been set back up. Hopefully by the Sept Ascutney.

Dave
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

cashiers check overnighted today. woo hoo can't wait to go slow in a fast car.
Robevo

Post by Robevo »

99% we will going in September . I hope it will work out , so we can go.
Dave Burden

Post by Dave Burden »

The entry form and information sheet for the Fall Ascutney (Sept 17-19) are up on hillclimb.org. We also have online registration and payment through PayPal working on the www.sccnh.org web site. Just go to the Hillclimb page from the main page and click on Register Online.

We have included lunches for all competitors in the entry fee.

I am also looking for a few volunteers for the weekend of the event. We need a truck for the wire on Friday noon-time and Sunday after the timed runs. Per Drew, 4wd with a low range tranny would be best. We could also use another truck for equipment on Sunday.

In addition to the trucks, if you'd like to help out with the wire crew, let me know. We could use 1 or 2 helpers.

Thanks,
Dave
jkale

Post by jkale »

Is the hill going to run until the END of the day Sunday?

Is wire crew going to try and get home early Sunday evening? Because if they are, we can find 4 or 5 people to tear it down Sunday...
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790