H&NR discussion

walterclark

H&NR discussion

Post by walterclark »

I posted this as a reply in the NEHA newsgroup but thought it should have more than the fleeting visibility that communication medium offers... (plus - I can now edit some wording I found I didnt like after I first published it)

For anyone contemplating any H&NR that runs under the shoulder straps of your safety harness...

Recent publications indicate It is important that the angle of the strap from your shoulder to the strap anchor be as close to horizontal (0 degrees) as possible and is unobstructed by the opening in the seat back to minimize excess downward force on your spine in an impact. The rules of some sanctioning bodies permit angles as high as 45 degrees but even then they recommend less than 10 degrees.

With devices like the Hans, where the shoulder strap may ride as much as an inch higher at the shoulder than without the Hans, you may find openings in seats are now too low for an unobstructed lead out or the anchor points for the harness should be moved up. Be sure to follow the H&NR installation instructions for the shoulder harness as far as spacing at the anchor points - this is critical for keeping the Hans under these straps. In some cases, such as if you attach to anchorages at the C-pillar, you will need to cross the straps.
Last edited by walterclark on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The older I get the better I was.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: H&NR discussion

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

http://www.specialstage.com/forums/show ... p?p=289988

Putting everything together. Someone was asking about HANS-type devices. The above link is SFI and FIA (per the site) certified, though they are waiting for the 2009 FIA stickers to be printed.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com