1987 16v Scirocco Auto X/ Hillclimb or Street Car For Sale..

For Sale (FS), Want to Buy (WTB), or Free cars or car parts
vwjodi
AntiSpam: No

1987 16v Scirocco Auto X/ Hillclimb or Street Car For Sale..

Post by vwjodi »

Not sure how much interest I will get with this. This is the best place to get rid of it. I started on this last summer. The car was smashed at the Burke Hill Climb a few years back. I bought the car to fix and drive because it was too nice to part out. The car is real close to being a driver. I have all of the body parts to finish it up they are just Silver. This car would be perfect for someone to step in and start Auto Xing or Running the New England Hillclimb circuit. The cage is NEHA compliant. I have the Race seat and Harnesses from the car still. Harnesses may be outdated. The car other than the Nose replacement is in great shape. There is a couple surface rust spots but the underneath is mint. Here is the link to the build up from the VW Vortex. Starts on 43 right through.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...ge=43
Here is a list of stuff.
1.8 16 V with approx 125K.
New Rebuilt Head
New HD Valve Springs
Autotech 260 Cams
50MM Intake
K&N Drop in Filter
TT 2.25" Exhaust
All Painted and detailed (too much for a race car anyway)
New Radiator, Upper Hose, Dual Jegs Electric Fans.
Short Shift Kit
Synthetic Diff Fluid
Did a Gauge Package over the Warning Buzzer system.
Bottlecap wheels with Nice Tires if you daily drove it.
Stainless Flex Lines
H&R Springs with Boge Struts
4 wheel Discs (of course)
New Brake Pads
All new super blue brake fluid.

Car just needs to be put back together and Tuned up a bit. I have found another car and I really need to get rid of something first. This car is the easiest. I will negotiate on the $2500 asking price a bit. It may seem high for a price but the body is very rust free. The cage is pricey. The engine has tons of goodies. I also spent money on the Gauges and Fans and other goodies to put the car together. I can deliver it for a fee in New England. The car with a little body and paint would be a great car to drive to shows and such. Or Race it. get ahold of me via pm or call me at (802) 922-5892 and leave a message. Here are pics from about a half hour ago.
Thanks...Later...Jodi.
walterclark

Re: 1987 16v Scirocco Auto X/ Hillclimb or Street Car For Sale..

Post by walterclark »

Nice!
The older I get the better I was.
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Smokin' Deal! MAACO will paint it for $250 this month, there are enough Volksies around that wheels, etc. are easy to come by. Impact Safety (US made, top quality)will take any harness in trade for new ones for $69, will reweb and recert theirs for around $50.
I kind of wish the original builder would return - the crew sure likes the brew!
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

John did make good brew. He has been focusing on his expanding family and on/off road motorcycles.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
vwjodi

Post by vwjodi »

I would gladly sell it back to John. He has 2 little ones now. He is huge into the Bikes as Steve mentioned. I would love it to go to someone who will race it. I was making it more pretty and a street car. I will negotiate some for a quick sale. Keep in mind though that the head and intake is worth at least a $1000 by itself. The 50mm Scirocco intakes go for around $500. I would like this gone soon. So let me know...
vwjodi

Post by vwjodi »

Will entertain offers on this. I have purchased yet another vehicle and this really needs to go. I am willing to sell the car cheaper with possibly the 50mm Intake Removed and a stock unit re-installed. Gets the price more manageable for someone looking to get into racing. LMK. Thanks...
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

Awesome example of an iconic car.
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

It would cost less to purchase this car than put a cage in your car (general statement to the population). If I needed another car, I would be all over this.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

definitely a good deal for someone.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
vwjodi

Post by vwjodi »

Thanks Guys... I hate to see anything go from the Doyle Stable. At a minimum I got the car sorted and almost ready to go. I would love to finish it off but am trying to be realistic with the number of project cars I have. Like I mentioned I am willing to work a bit for this to go to a good home. Later...Jodi.